Anyone achieve a blue speckled egg layer? Green speckled? gold?

Pics
My project for my last couple hatches have been Speckled eggs in any color. I came across a Speckled Olive Egg from one of my 2nd generation olive eggers I kept from last year. The first crossing was a Ameraucana Roo X BCM Hen resulting in a nice green egg. Then I crossed that olive egger with my Welsummer Roo that hatched from a very speckled egg. That pairing resulted in a olive egg with speckles. Since I did that unintentionally the first time I'm trying to re-create this but only better this time!
20201008_090629.jpg
20230403_131443.jpg
20210406_200431.jpg

I would love to be inspired, so if you've been creating your own speckled olive Eggers or maybe mint green with speckles, or blue??? please post photos.

I have heard that crossing a dark layer (marans) roos over a blue egg layer (CLB) will achieve darker olive eggs then if you would cross a CLB roo over a marans hen. Can anyone confirm? Has anyone done both? I have two batches in right now. Marans roo over blue eggs/ CLB roo over dark eggs.

I love the big blotchy speckles, so Im trying to achieve a speckled green (all shades) and blue egg.
I crossed my welsumner Roos with my blue egg layers. I incubated 7 blue eggs from some cream legbars and Americuanas. 5 hatched. 3 Roos, 2 pullets which layer a solid green edd and a brown speckled green egg. Good luck!!

Back
Top Bottom