Anyone achieve a blue speckled egg layer? Green speckled? gold?

Pics

Minky

Crowing
6 Years
Nov 4, 2017
Ontario
I would love to be inspired, so if you've been creating your own speckled olive Eggers or maybe mint green with speckles, or blue??? please post photos.

I have heard that crossing a dark layer (marans) roos over a blue egg layer (CLB) will achieve darker olive eggs then if you would cross a CLB roo over a marans hen. Can anyone confirm? Has anyone done both? I have two batches in right now. Marans roo over blue eggs/ CLB roo over dark eggs.

I love the big blotchy speckles, so Im trying to achieve a speckled green (all shades) and blue egg.

D99BF4F6-38C5-4716-BE59-80C032701480.jpeg
Here is a better photo. These are all Silverudd’s Blue eggs.

My EE lays this egg. The spots show up brighter if I clean the egg. She lays solid ones too. So I think when shes laid like 4 or 5 in a row, then she will lay a couple of these, then skip a day of laying. Must be a decrease in bloom maybe? She is a laying machine! I do not supplement light.
I got her from Rural King so I dont know her breed mix. She is smaller than my other EE's. I wonder if she is part bantam. If that is even possible.
20201121_041149.jpg

20201016_184537.jpg

My welsummers are the only speckled egg layers i have. I have crossed them with an Araucana rooster and about 1/2 of those resulting pullets laid green speckled eggs. I then took those pullets and crossed them with an Ameraucana rooster and ended up with golden olive speckled eggs.
No pictures. I'm in an egg drought.
You don't have old photos?? LOL The second I get a beautiful egg I take like 30 photos of it from all angles!!:lau

I am hatching out 2 batches currently.

Blue eggs fertilized by a Maran roo (batch A), and dark eggs (mostly speckled, but not all) fertilized by a Cream Leg Bar roo. (batch B)

My broody will raise batch B, I will raise batch A

Back
Top Bottom