Anyone bought from DC Heritage Poultry or Greendale Heritage Farm?

Ye
Pullety, Did you hear back from Greendale?

I emailed them early February and they didn't get back to me until March.

The email from Greendale mentioned there is a big waiting list for the breed(malines) and it would be summer before I got them. It was in very broken english, and two out of four sentences didn't make sense.
I ended up finding local Malines through facebook - rather support the local ladies than the hatcheries if I can.

After this year I am hoping I will have enough variety to not need to purchase chicks or ducklings in the future.
The Malines are going to replace the broilers. We already have layers (chicken and duck) and will soon have all of the tasty proteins!

... just a little excited X)
Yes, I did, but just this past week. I guess her season didn’t start till now but… since she didn’t reply for a month and didn’t have an automated reply like “Our season opens in April, we’ll get back to you then”, I kinda thought it would be safer to go with someone with good business organization. So that’s what I did.

Good luck with your malines!!

Yes, I did, but just this past week. I guess her season didn’t start till now but… since she didn’t reply for a month and didn’t have an automated reply like “Our season opens in April, we’ll get back to you then”, I kinda thought it would be safer to go with someone with good business organization. So that’s what I did.

Good luck with your malines!!
HAH! Good call. Better than thinking they're out of business, or still waiting for a reply a month later.

Who did you end up going with?

I am trying to work with Beau Peep to get ducklings and they make Greendale look like an organized enterprise. Lovely people but they are taking on too much.
Thank you kindly!!!

HAH! Good call. Better than thinking they're out of business, or still waiting for a reply a month later.

Who did you end up going with?

I am trying to work with Beau Peep to get ducklings and they make Greendale look like an organized enterprise. Lovely people but they are taking on too much.
Thank you kindly!!!
I’m getting eggs from Jean Kinnear westerdalefarms.com. She’s busy but she does respond.

I’m getting eggs from Jean Kinnear westerdalefarms.com. She’s busy but she does respond.
I could have driven to greendale and have to ship from westerdale farms and drive to kelowna to pick up the shipment for it to not take a week… But I’m just glad to get some great breeds and someone who will answer all my questions.

Hi, I'm thinking about considering looking into getting Seramas, and these were the only places in Canada that I found any. Just wondering if anyone has got birds or hatching eggs (or knows someone who has) from them.

https://www.dcheritagepoultry.com/bantam-cleaned-legged.html

https://greendaleheritagefarm.com/

Thank you!
I won't recommend
DC Heritage Poultry. I have bought twice from them already and I can tell you that is not a good place to get your poultry. I don't know about their other animals, I can only talk for the chickens I have gotten from them. They're mal nourished and sick to the point of being almost blind and droopy eyes. At least if you buy then when they are a bit older like me 3-8 month. and You have to give them a good bath as soon as you get them home because they STINKY just like rotten stuff. my last 2 that I just got is going to take then a good 2 months before they're healthy ...if they survived. I got a pair of Orpington buff that were a week old that were not in bad shape only a bit of cold that I quickly got under control. But, No I will not recommend this breeder in fact I don't think that they should be breed animals like this if they can'y take care of them.

Just they're kinda expensive so I want to check if they're a reliable place before I order any.
Hi, I'm thinking about considering looking into getting Seramas, and these were the only places in Canada that I found any. Just wondering if anyone has got birds or hatching eggs (or knows someone who has) from them.

https://www.dcheritagepoultry.com/bantam-cleaned-legged.html

https://greendaleheritagefarm.com/

Thank you!

Hi, I recently purchased from Greendale Heritage Farms for my broody hen and it was a very disappointing experience. Zero eggs hatched. We’ve done this many times (with eggs purchased elsewhere) but have never experienced a 0% hatch rate. It was VERY expensive, which I was honestly happy to pay for but I didn’t expect this outcome. It was a really sad experience and the lady at Greendale (Heidi) didn’t even respond.

Hi, I recently purchased from Greendale Heritage Farms for my broody hen and it was a very disappointing experience. Zero eggs hatched. We’ve done this many times (with eggs purchased elsewhere) but have never experienced a 0% hatch rate. It was VERY expensive, which I was honestly happy to pay for but I didn’t expect this outcome. It was a really sad experience and the lady at Greendale (Heidi) didn’t even respond.
Sorry, you had such bad luck. Thanks for letting me know

I purchased my hatching eggs from them last year. I have healthy birds and Danielle was super helpful. We have more hatching eggs coming in a couple of weeks.
Hello, how did your eggs hatch? I am going to get some chicken this week from DC and i am getting quite worried! But being in Québec, finding chicken that are vaccinated is sooo hard! thank you

Back
Top Bottom