anyone breed English Lops or Netherland Dwarf rabbits?

wjallen05

Songster
11 Years
Apr 8, 2008
North Georgia
Hi all! Hope it's okay to post this here.
I have one beloved pedigreed ELop doe, 6 1/2 months old. I am searching for a Elop buck for her. Also, I am interested in the Netherland Dwarfs. I can't find any of either breed anywhere near me!!!! Does anyone raise either breed and live within a couple hours of me? (I'm in North East Georgia in Hall county) or will be attending the ARBA show in Conyers, GA in Nov? I am only interested in pedigreed, show quality rabbits.
Thanks!!
smile.png

Hi there! I have a pedigreed english lop buck(not for sale and no where close to you)...Trying to find an unrelated doe within a reasonable distance! We love him, his name is Gordon and he is a broken tort. What color is yours? I also have a REW french lop doe! Those are my two favorite breeds! They are both dolls! I'll try to post pics on the weekend and would love to see pics of your doe
wink.png

Hi to you too
smile.png

Mine is a black tort. What I would LOVE is to find a sable point buck *drool* but any color would do.

Here is our girl. For some reason this is the only pic I have of her lol I'll get some better ones soon and post them.

cinnamon.jpg

Admittedly, the only lop I've ever had was a regular American lop that didn't even have both ears drop, sort of like a teeter totter, but I have to ask, how do they keep their ears out of the way? She's just beautiful by the way!

I have a friend that breeds english, I sent her the link to this thread, but she is not near you. However, she might know someone near you, since she shows all over and knows a lot of english breeders.

mom2jedi, not sure what you mean by american lop? There is the english, seen here, the french, also very large, but with shorter ears and a more compact body, then the mini lop, about 5-7 pounds, and last the holland lop, 3-4 pounds.

Quote:
He must have been a mini lop then, for some reason I couldn't remember the name for them! LOL Sorry for the confusion! I just knew he wasn't any of the other three.

Quote:
You forgot the American Fuzzy Lop (basically a Holland Lop with the French Angora coat) and the Velveteen Lop (still a work in progress, but more or less a pint-sized English with a Rex coat). I'm sure someone will also mention Lionlops . . . .
wink.png

i raise and breed pedigreed english lops but i'm not near u either. i have does- rew, broken opal, tort, broken chestnut agouti and bucks- rew and blue. u can see pics of mine on my website.
smile.png

Hello!
Your best bet will be to check out the Lop Rabbit Club of America website.
http://lrca.us/lrcapagelinks.htm
There is a list of members and I believe there may be some folks down your way that raise them. I unfortunately can't recommend anyone out of Georgia because I've never gotten any from down that way. I do raise and show English lops and Belgian hares and have been for about 18 yrs now. Couldn't imagine myself without them!
bun.gif
I do have transport sometimes but probably the soonest I'd be able to get anything down your way would be May of 2011. Too bad it's probably too late to check with any exhibitors from your area who are driving up for ARBA convention in MN to transport something back. That would've been a good way for you to get something from all over the USA.
Keep in mind that English lops are a large breed and need to have plenty of time to mature before you breed them. I have a 10 months/ 10 lbs rule for my does, meaning they have to be 10lbs and a minimum of 10 months old to breed. Breeding before then tends to have a higher risk of the doe being "dingy' and not taking care of the babies or not putting them in the box or blowing out thier body and stunting them in their show career if they're not big enough to physically handle carrying a litter. Bucks you can breed as soon as they "feel the need" lol.
gig.gif

Good luck with your search! Your doe looks like she's got some nice ears on her. Do you have a newer picture of her?!

My website link is listed in my signature below....

Back
Top Bottom