Anyone buy from nature's hatchery?

I placed an online order with Nature's Hatchery last week, but also asked some questions that needed an immediate reply. When one did not come, I searched this forum and others, and found largely negative information about Nature's Hatchery's responsiveness, order accuracy, and shipping dates. Given that, I was not inclined to wait long. but to give them the benefit of the doubt, I offered them one additional day to respond in some way. Didn't happen.

So, I canceled the order, except (of course) I cannot reach anyone to confirm that they have in fact canceled the order. I have tried email, fax, and phone. These are not people who want our business.

I placed a new order this morning with Meyer Hatchery, where they answer the phone, tell you what is available, and give you a ship date! A nice change!

My wife and I live in La Mesa, CA and are new to the chicken hobby and have planned and carefully built a chicken coop in our back yard to take in 10 Australorps. We ordered the one day old chickens from Natures Hatchery and they were shipped on Wednesday, September 29, 2010. We contacted the post office on Friday October 1 and Saturday October 2, no chickens. Natures Hatchery did not return calls until Monday, October 11, verifying that the chicks were shipped on Wednesday and promised to investigate with the postal service and get back to us. It’s Tuesday and we have not heard from them and they don’t answer the phone or call back. However, they have charged for the delivery. Obviously, the babies have not been able to survive this long or the representative for NH lied about the delivery as he didn’t seem to be very upset about the situation. This is a very bad start for us and definitely worse for the chickens if they were shipped.
sad.png

I have to say in July I was impressed with these guys.... Then August hit. I was supposed to get 30 Silver laced Wyndottes and 30 Blue laced red wyndottes. The silver laced came and are looking good. The blue laced wyndottes have been pushed back and then pushed back. Since aug I have tried calling them, e-mail and such and recieved no answer from them. Since we are looking at Nov 1st I think I need to give up on the $15 shipping they charged me with the silver laced... I guess it is time for me to call them more than once a week but it is seriously getting hard to get the energy to call them-again. I think next year I will be going with someone else.

Back
Top Bottom