Anyone care to share pics of their Silkie crosses (Silkie Daddy and other breed Mommy)?

stone_family3

Crowing
11 Years
Apr 11, 2011
New York
I have a silkie guy named Elvis and I want to breed him to my other girls, wondering what their off spring will look like. Anyone care to share some pics of the result of Silkie Daddy and Other breed Mommy?

Not sure if this will help, as I suspect that Momma was the Silkie in this case and Daddy was an EE, the egg came from another farm. Feathered feet were the dead give away of a Silkie's involvement here:

I got the crazy idea of Silkie Frizzles and I'm still pretty sure I can make it work. But this is one of my birds. My conclusion after seeing this one, is that it needs to be bred back to a Silkie, I'm not sure if it is a hen or a cockeral. It's apparent that it took the feathering traits of the frizzle and the comb, but it has the black skin of the Silkie and some of the fur like traits. It's the sweetest bird. I would like to get some in white but I only have a black frizzle. Might have to invest in some new stock, as I just lost my little blue cochin hen last night and that was a heart breaker for me. I don't have a name for this one yet. Any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom