Honestly it's tempting to start a thread just for everyone to post pics of their bushy browed birds, can't get enough of them!
That's the best part about any animal tbh, nothing has to match the sop for them to be wonderful. They're all amazing in their own way. :D
Yes! I love the threads that are just pics of cute birds. And yes I agree, I’m not currently breeding to the sop as I haven’t been doing this long, just strengthening my stock right now and trying to learn more. My favorite birds are nowhere near show quality and the one I do have that’s show quality is such a snatch😂

I know I’m late to this thread, but does anyone know what a grey splash silkie roo crossed with a partridge hen would give you offspring-wise?
I could be wrong but I think they would most likely be black based birds with leakage or partridge like markings. I don’t think you’d get any blue or splash like combos since 1 copy of the blue gene has to be present in both parents for it to be expressed in the phenotype

I could be wrong but I think they would most likely be black based birds with leakage or partridge like markings. I don’t think you’d get any blue or splash like combos since 1 copy of the blue gene has to be present in both parents for it to be expressed in the phenotype
Splash technically has two copies of the gene so one would be guaranteed to be passed on, creating blue. It would be like crossing a black with a splash, but with the possibility of partridge leakage.

Here's a handy chart I've seen going around explaining basic BBS inheritance. Hope it helps!

BBS-color-chart-300x267.jpg

Splash technically has two copies of the gene so one would be guaranteed to be passed on, creating blue. It would be like crossing a black with a splash, but with the possibility of partridge leakage.

Here's a handy chart I've seen going around explaining basic BBS inheritance. Hope it helps!

View attachment 3755650
Oh yes, that’s right, thank you. I’m still learning a lot about color genes. Completely forgot splash is two copies of blue lol. So most likely blue babies with gold leakage then

Back
Top Bottom