Anyone done a special order from Tractor supply?

blitz1027

Songster
8 Years
Feb 10, 2011
Natchitoches
Hey all with spring in the air I was thinking of placing a special order with tractor supply for some birds but I was wanting to know if anyone has done that before? I've bought chicks they've had in stock before and they have been great birds but never special ordered any.
If anyone has ordered from them what was your experience with them? How long did it take for them to come in? Things like that.

Thanks

Yes I have. They arrived this morning. I went in last week to get some cornish X. They only had 8 in stock. I asked when they would be getting more in and he said he didn't know, but what was I looking for. I told him about 25. He said I could order through them. I did that, and it only cost me the cost of the chicks, $1.99 each and TSC paid the shipping and they were shipped to me not TSC. I got a call this morning from my post office to come and get them. Worked GREAT!!!!!!

Wow, that does sound convenient! For two years I suffered through incubation, and was a failure. This year so far I've received 2 shipments from Ideal and I am very, very happy. I think I may sell my two incubators!

I work at Tractor Supply and yes it is very easy to special order whatever birds you're looking for. We have 3 different hatcheries we use for special orders.
thumbsup.gif

patti'speeps :

I work at Tractor Supply and yes it is very easy to special order whatever birds you're looking for. We have 3 different hatcheries we use for special orders.
thumbsup.gif

Cool thanks for the info. I'll probably place my order next week.​

patti'speeps :

thumbsup.gif

I work at Townline Hatchery and think that I saw a order go to you in Greenburg. We ship them out of South Bend postoffice.​

My son works at TSC in Springboro, Ohio and this store gets most of their chicks from Mt. Healthy Hatchery near Cincinnati and YES they will special order just about anything Mt. Healthy supplies!

Here in SW Ohio the TSC stores have a 25 chick minimun on "special orders", this is a hatchery mandate, not a TSC mandate....again I'm ONLY talking about my regional TSC other regions will have different "minimums" that are sometimes based on state and local laws.

Last edited:
I ordered through my local feedstore and was amazed what a good deal I got. I had to order 25 so I got 5 golden=laced, 5 silver-laced,5 blue, and 10 BLRW wyandottes, all pullets (hopefully one will be a rooster). I found out they order from Privett hatchery in New Mexico. And I do not have to wait a long time. May4th is when I pick them up.
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom