Anyone else Cake Decorate or make Candy??

Love to bake and decorate cakes. Have done 2 wedding cakes, three anniversary cakes, 16th birthday car cake, 16th birthday daisy cake, birthday cakes galore including a spiderman cake, a monkey cake, and a 50th wedding cake. My favorite is asked for every Easter, a cross shaped jello-poke cake with strawberries and whipped cream. Favorite fillings are chocolate mousse or champagne custard. Oh and my daughter's fav is a triple chocolate with chocolate mousse filling and a ganache covering that she calls a PMS cake. P.S. I loved the pic of the scout cake:drool

Here's a few more I dug up. The character cakes I draw on with a toothpick then ice.

DD wanted a Hawaiian theme party so we went all out and everyone had grass skirts and Hawaiian food and we served these cakes. Each guest got their own cake.

PICT0042.jpg

PICT0040.jpg

I got off easy on this birthday

PICT0167.jpg

The boy couldn't make up his mind for this cake. He wanted Tom and Jerry and/or Mater from Cars so we did both.

PICT0049.jpg

He wasn't quite out of cars for this cake so he chose Chick Hicks that year.

PICT0044.jpg

Last edited:
sorry i haven't been back to this post for a bit. love the cakes just beautiful!! keep the pics comeing i love seeing everyone's creativity it will help others for cake ideas too!!
smile.png

I love to do cakes. I find it relaxing. I do alot of birthday cakes. I have not done any in a while but after seeing all those i might just have to get out my pans. I'll see if i can find some pics.

awesome job on the roses!!! that is the hardest thing to make on a cake. lovely wedding cake!!
love.gif

that airplane is adorable, my boys would fight over that one.
big_smile.png

the Hawaiian cakes r to cute!! my daughter would
love.gif
them.

Bantymama love to see pics of ur cakes too!!!

that one i just did was first one i've done in a few years i gotta get real bags again and more tips. i got a new disney car pan awhile back i haven't tried yet.
big_smile.png
i got about 50 cake pans now i think.
lau.gif
don't know if i can remember em all now. i got 2 boy's with b-days in may so if not before in may the cars one will get done, i think i got a new spiderman one too so mabe i'll do that for the other one.

i'm working on easter candy for my 5 kid's so here is some of their candy i'm makeing.

Picture460.jpg

roo and hen in white choc

Picture471.jpg

boy bunny w/ egg

Picture473.jpg

bunny pop

Picture480.jpg

basket of flowers

Picture481.jpg

bunnies on motorcycle

Love to decorate cakes. I have been decorating cakes for many many years. My daughter is now following in my footsteps.
I love doing the fondant cakes. Anyone else like to work with the fondant?
big_smile.png

Quote:
I've been wanting to try the fondant. Does it tear easily? Does it smooth easily? I am just afraid that if I tear it... that's it. We don't have many stores around here for an emergency icing job. Do you have any pics of what you have done? Would love to see them
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom