Anyone else due to hatch on March 23rd? *first post updated :) *

Seven days!!!
Though they probably won't be out until Thursday
he.gif

Oh well still excited.
One of the babies like jumped in its egg. It is so interesting seeing them move.

Quote:
My lock down in on Tuesday. Wont hatch till Thursday-Friday area. I hope not until Friday because thats when I get out of work.

Tonight is the "high intensity candling" Another BYC member is coming up so I can use theirs. I will be able to toss the quitter I suspect.

I will post pics for sure.

Quote:
My lock down in on Tuesday. Wont hatch till Thursday-Friday area. I hope not until Friday because thats when I get out of work.

Tonight is the "high intensity candling" Another BYC member is coming up so I can use theirs. I will be able to toss the quitter I suspect.

I will post pics for sure.

Woo look forward to seeing your pictures!
I think i may take some more tonight, since in my light eggs you can see the babies very well.
And man I wish I had one of those good candling lights.
Only lights I have for candling are like those $2 cheap LED flashlights.
I actually thought one of them died yesterday (the flashlight) so I threw it onto my bed, and it bounced and hit the wall... And turned on.
Does have anything much to do with chickens... but I though it was a funny story.

Pics would of been really hard to get. I had to really look to see my babies move. Seems like my RIR eggs were easier to see into than my lighter Welsummer eggs. Weird. BTW I do that with flashlights all the time because I think they are dead. LOL

I think I may have two early hatchers....
ep.gif
I guess nothing beats fresh from the nest eggs

Quote:
Haha yeah, though I should be more careful with throwing those things onto my bed. If I dent the wall i am dead.
haha
And the only eggs I can actually see through are the off white ones.
Like they look white, but they aren't.
No idea what type of chicken they came from.
Since all the ones from that dozen are a mixed variety.

Quote:
Well, I checked my eggs for progress. I was able to see chick beaks moving! It's such a happy feelings being able to see the chicks grow.

I did get my hands on duck eggs (from craiglist)! They have been in about 10 days and I candled them at the same time as the chicks and I could see progress. Yay!
tongue.png
come on duckies!

Quote:
Well, I checked my eggs for progress. I was able to see chick beaks moving! It's such a happy feelings being able to see the chicks grow.

I did get my hands on duck eggs (from craiglist)! They have been in about 10 days and I candled them at the same time as the chicks and I could see progress. Yay!
tongue.png
come on duckies!

I have duck eggs in my bator also and this is my first year hatching them

Back
Top Bottom