Anyone else due to hatch on March 23rd? *first post updated :) *

Quote:
What day are they due?
ep.gif

We lock down tomorrow. Have several Production Red and 12 Bantam Sumatras. Been saving up eggs to go back in tomorrow after we move these to the hatcher. I guess you can say we are HOOKED!
wee.gif
Maybe I can get time to finish our hatcher page.

Hooray!
And day after tomorrow is when I am going on lockdown.
Oh does anyone have any tips on how to mark a chick?
I have only one chick that is for sure mine, so i want to find some way to mark it so it won't get mixed with the others.
Also what can I use as a divider in the incubator, so my quail eggs don't get knocked around when the chickens hatch?

I have eggs for the 23rd!

14 EE

Candled last night and 12 look GREAT!
Hope they all make it to the end!!

I also set eggs last night to hatch on April 7th
20 BLRW
7 Black Copper Marans
8 Blue Copper Marans

You can mark it many ways!

I use little colored rubber bands and then zip ties when they get bigger

You could also put a bingo ink dot on their head, if he/she is a lighter color (that's what McMurray did with my shipped chicks)

This last hatch, I hatched in cut down egg cartons b/c I had several drown when they got kicked and the pip was face down....

Worked like a charm! I'd say they have to work a little harder to get out, but the other eggs didn't budge one bit!

I went on "lockdown" today. Not exactly locked down as I am an idiot and set my eggs daily for a week. 18 out of 18 are developing nicely and I put the first 5 in my hatcher today. So by Sunday? I should have chicks. I hope. Yes I am totally stressed. Good luck to all.

Back
Top Bottom