Anyone else due to hatch on March 23rd? *first post updated :) *

Quote:
Lucky!
I feel like crying because I still have nothing haha.
can you post some pics?

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/79085_pips.jpg
I am up to at least 6 pips now!
celebrate.gif

Yayy, you must be proud.
And I am not sure exactly where I am supposed to be seeing the pips on my eggs since they are laying on their sides.

Quote:
I know a lot of people do it that way. I asked about how people placed their eggs during lockdown and I was told it was a good idea to put them in a carton that is cut on the bottom so that the eggs stay bottom end up. They said it was a good idea because otherwise when chicks hatch, they can roll the other eggs around. I guess this is a concern because they can roll over on their pip????? I don't think its a huge deal, but I liked the explanation...so I did it this way.

What day and what time did you set you eggs Tokajein??? I set mine on March 2nd at 7:00 am CST.

Quote:
I know a lot of people do it that way. I asked about how people placed their eggs during lockdown and I was told it was a good idea to put them in a carton that is cut on the bottom so that the eggs stay bottom end up. They said it was a good idea because otherwise when chicks hatch, they can roll the other eggs around. I guess this is a concern because they can roll over on their pip????? I don't think its a huge deal, but I liked the explanation...so I did it this way.

What day and what time did you set you eggs Tokajein??? I set mine on March 2nd at 7:00 am CST.

I set mine March 2, 3:30 pm
Just turned 3:00 now, so a half an hour until I am officially on day 20.

Quote:

I am 5 1/2 hours ahead of you then....I wouldn't get too concerned yet! I have read about chicks hatching on day 25! I hope for your sake that yours don't wait that long!!!!!!

Quote:
aww!
cute!!
And that thermometer looks like the one I used to have in my fish tank.

Quote:

I am 5 1/2 hours ahead of you then....I wouldn't get too concerned yet! I have read about chicks hatching on day 25! I hope for your sake that yours don't wait that long!!!!!!

Me too. I am listening to calming music all the time now, so I don't freak.
And cleaning the house.
And working out.

I just got ready for lockdown, removed turner, and added a kitchen towel for grip, came back to it an hour later and the temperature had risen considerably to the norm
sad.png

Had risen to 39 tops, so disheartened
sad.png

Well, turns out I should have put my eggs in lockdown yesterday.
roll.png
I put them in lockdown today and I am really hoping I didn't do any damage. I didn't hear peeps or see eggs moving. I am hoping it will be okay. I tried to candle them but brown eggs are so hard to look through..

Back
Top Bottom