Anyone else enjoying beautiful Fall weather?

My memories of Thailand are that there is a dry season and rainy seasons. I was there in October and it was warm and dry in Bangkok and Chiangmai. Beautiful weather.

Here in coastal Massachusetts, September is pleasant with warm days and cool nights. October is cool and sunny. Best time of year because humidity is low except on the gray days when the fog rolls in from the harbor.

My memories of Thailand are that there is a dry season and rainy seasons. I was there in October and it was warm and dry in Bangkok and Chiangmai. Beautiful weather. Here in coastal Massachusetts, September is pleasant with warm days and cool nights. October is cool and sunny. Best time of year because humidity is low except on the gray days when the fog rolls in from the harbor.

That's about right. October can be a lovely month if the rains finish on time, leaving the land lush and green and the air fresh.

Parts of Bangkok and areas to the north that were devastated by floods a year ago are flooding again and the rains have yet to reach their peak. Bangkok has the problem that water extraction is causing the ground, almost at sea level, to sink, so we can expect this to happen frequently now. Businesses and families have been moving to other areas and I suspect that will continue.

No sign of our leaves turning yet here in UK, but we are having nicer weather now than in the summer. The nights are still tolerably mild so far which is just as well as we don't want to put the central heating on too soon. We use liquid gas as we have no mains gas in our neck of the woods and it is prohibitively expensive to run. We can't have a wood/coal fire as our chimney was taken down after being struck by lightening some years ago.

No sign of our leaves turning yet here in UK, but we are having nicer weather now than in the summer. The nights are still tolerably mild so far which is just as well as we don't want to put the central heating on too soon. We use liquid gas as we have no mains gas in our neck of the woods and it is prohibitively expensive to run. We can't have a wood/coal fire as our chimney was taken down after being struck by lightening some years ago.

You've had some interesting weather over there this year!

We arrived there in February from 37C here and woke the next morning to -14C! You have earned a break.

The drought has made it look like fall here in Arkansas for awhile but this week we've finally started to get some cool weather to match. I broke out my fall decorations on the first day of September in the hopes that it might speed things along. I love being able to go out and feed, water and gather eggs without coming back in soaked in sweat!

I do love fall, and am glad that the heat spell is finally broken! This morning I had to wear a sweater, and am glad that I don't have to worry about sweating and getting over heated 'til next summer. Gets me a chance to get lots of things done in a day. Yay! Lots of trees are just starting to change color, and I went to the woods yesterday, and noticed the the forest floor is starting to be covered by leaves. There are little to no apples in this area for we had a bad frost last spring that killed all the blossoms. Looks like no apple pie for my birthday in November this year. :(

Last edited:
Well, I got bonked on the head by a black walnut which has a fleshy green covering so I guess Autumn is here.
cool.png

Fall is my favorite season! The smells, the harvests, the festivals, the cooler weather ( it has been in the 80's here) halloween, thanksgiving! I Love it!

Back
Top Bottom