Anyone else EXCITED to be getting baby chicks in the mail soon??

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by steelersfan43, Jan 24, 2010.

1. txchickie

txchickie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2008
    Texas
    My Ideal order is to ship Feb 3 [​IMG] (although I am slightly worried about the frigid temps we have here....we're always the state "low" temp [​IMG] it was 13 degrees here this morning)

I am getting:

10 red jungle fowl pullets
    2 red jungle fowl roos

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Keenonf

Keenonf Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2010
    Dallas area
    I'm excited/nervous about my new chicks. I've got 7 white silkies and 2 black cochin pullets comin from Ideal. I've got my brooder set up and all I need is to put food and water out for them but i'll wait for them to get here for I give them some so its nice and fresh. Good god, on Feb 3rd and 4th everyone whos got their chicks are going to flood BYC with pics.

3. chixie

chixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    I know ...I can't wait for my new babies.... can't wait to see everyones pics

4. steelersfan43

steelersfan43 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2009
    NE IN
    Quote:I bet youre right about that pics [​IMG] and I'll be jealous cause mine wont be here till the 8th [​IMG]

5. chickaddict

chickaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Bristol
    Last night I ordered chicks for the first time. Until this year I have always picked up a few at the grain and feed. But they really only get reds and orps. I wanted something different this year so I took the plunge.

5 - comets
    5 - easter eggers
    5 - silver laced wy

no words t describe the excitement - hubby considering divorce - we are not zoned for the number I will have.

but I have a lot of chicken luvin friends who will gladly take the extras

6. steelersfan43

Nov 28, 2009
    NE IN
    Quote:Good luck with your new babies. Hope there's no divorce in your future [​IMG] Bristol MI? We live in the country so luckily we don't have that problem. Its just keeping up with housing for our growing flock [​IMG]

7. CTChickenMom

CTChickenMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2009
    SE Connecticut
    I have yet to place my order. mypetchicken isn't taking orders until 2/1. I would not want to be in their office on that day! They will be swamped! I will be ordering 2 hens each of Barnevelder, Welsummer, Chantecler, Delaware, and Salmon Faverolles. I'm going to put together a little bantam coop (DH doesn't know this yet) and will be getting some Nankins from a fellow in my home town.

With my order will be 2 Blue Cochins for my sister and 3 EEs for her friend Mandy. There may also be more as one of my son's classmates' family is looking to get chickens. I'm thrilled! I will set up the order for the first week in March hoping that there will be fewer bone chilling days by then. I'll post here when I get them!

8. jaboo81

jaboo81 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 9, 2009
    New Braunfels TX
    I am ready!! [​IMG]

9. steelersfan43

Nov 28, 2009
    NE IN
    Quote:Youre right, I bet they will be crazy busy! [​IMG]

10. catdaddy66

catdaddy66 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2009
    Lugoff, SC
    I am so stoked for the chicks to get here...I am expecting 5 of each of the following: RIR, BR, BSL, Australorp and Speckled Sussex. As you could guess, I am trying the egg thing at home:p I have been warned about additional chicks for warmth (packing peanuts) and hope to get a roo or three. I thought 25 was 1/4 box and was a sufficient amt. for good travel warmth. Do you think I will or won't get extras? I bought from Ideal and am expecting shipment on 2/17/10.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by