Anyone else followed this Chicken Story?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by hooligan, Feb 6, 2008.

1. hooligan

hooligan Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2007
    Arkansas
  2. Churkenduse

Churkenduse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2008
    Wow, I really hope they allow her to keep them of course.

You see times have changed and some of the laws have not. I sometimes worry when my girls make too much noise when getting ready to lay. But my neighbor, after I asked if my birds were too noisy, basicaly told me
    "are you kidding I am too busy to even think about your birds, it is to noisy in my house in the morning to hear them so don't worry"

That is the kind of neighbor we should all have. [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

3. crysmom

crysmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2007
    I have read the story and think its a shame. There is no way that a proper coop would attract rats that weren't already there.

This type of thing causes me concern, because we aren't allowed poultry where I live. I'm out in a rural subdivision with 1/2 acre lots, 20 minutes from town. Agriculture is not allowed, but the neighborhood seems to be quite accomadating the fellow down the street has a horse in its front yard, and there are at least three eggs for sale signs out in the neighborhood in the summer, so I'm hoping there aren't very many complainers

4. Nichole77

Nichole77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2007
    Arizona
    People are stupid. They should be replaced with chickens.

5. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    One thing that's good about these stories, at least, is that it gets in the news, and people are starting to realize that alot of people want chickens. It's seems to be the new phenomenon.

But I do agree - people are kinda stupid, and maybe they should be replaced by chickens!

6. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Quote:Yeah, then when they can't be rehabilitated they can make a nice stew.

7. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    I personally think the writer of that article was an a_s! He certainly didn't make any good points on his view, just that he didn't want them in the city.

8. birdnutz

birdnutz Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2007
    wyoming
    Boy he sure has a nasty attitude. I can just picture him looking down his nose at anyone that has an unconventional pet. Or any pets for that matter.

9. eggzettera

eggzettera Chillin' With My Peeps

10. Buster

Buster Back to Work

I was quite annoyed with the arrogant attitude of the writer of the second article. He doesn't like guns or chickens- there's 2 strikes against him in my opinion. If he doesn't like chickens, then he must not like chicken people- strike 3! YOU'RE OUT!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by