Anyone else had this happen.. xD

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Nicola, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Nicola

Nicola Chook Cuddlin' Aussie

Feb 23, 2009
    ACT
    sorry guys if this is in the wrong section wasnt sure where to put it [​IMG]

But has anyone else had this happen... u look outside and find that the chickens are outside for a late night snack...

Its currently 8.20pm and i just went out into the backyard to find 2 of my 3 chickens were out of bed roaming the yard having a late night snack... this also happened a few nights back at 11.45 pm... they usually go back in after about 10 mins lol i find it quite funny that they come out for a snack [​IMG]

ETA: i Do lock them up at night most of the times... but on the few times like tonight and the other night when i have been out and forgotten to close them up when i got back they have come out, when the backyard light has been turned on

Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
  2. OregonChickenGal

OregonChickenGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2010
    Central Oregon
    No, because I lock mine up after they go to roost. I'm a very early riser, so I let them out again, at day break.

3. LauraG

LauraG Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2010
    Upstate, NY
    ooh no, once they are in the coop for the evening, I lock those little suckers right up to keep them safe.....

4. Sjisty

Sjisty Scribe of Brahmalot

May 18, 2009
    Brooksville
    Lock 'em up - there are too many things that go bump in the night and eat your chickens!

5. Nicola

Nicola Chook Cuddlin' Aussie

Feb 23, 2009
    ACT
    Not here there isnt doesnt matter if i close the pop door... they have learnt to open it.... but i do close the run up before i go to bed the only thing that can get them really are cats... and most of them are inside at night time [​IMG]

6. pontoosuc

pontoosuc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2010
    Richmond, MA
    we lock them up

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by