Anyone else hatching 6/25? Chicks are here!

Very exciting!
big_smile.png

Quote:
Oh, I'm so sorry about your eggs... makes me feel sad.
sad.png

I'm glad you're still here, though.
I promise to post pics for you as soon as one hatches... looks like the silkies are the more active eggs. DH & I are going to continue the name theme we started with the last 2 silkies that hatched.
Can anyone guess the theme?
Their names are Zoot & Dingo.

LOL... yeah. Our brooder is officially "Castle Anthrax" for this hatch.
DH's idea.
Most of the names I pick are original and meaningful. My DH prefers them to be hilarious references to (often distasteful) movies.
His horse is named Foxy Cleopatra (Austin Powers) and we call her "Foxy" for short. He wanted to name her Alotta, but I wouldn't let him.
So for this hatch, I've promised DH that we will have a Patsy, Tim, Launcealot, Lucky, & Herbert. We'll see how many hatch before picking others.

ETA: Where is Mertztown?

Last edited:
Quote:
I was really disappointed, especially with it being my first time to hatch anything, but I realized going in it was a long shot; shipped goose eggs, newbie, etc. The good (or maybe not) news is that this experience made me realize how much fun and addictive this could be! I set my own guinea eggs for the first time (have had guineas for 3+ years) 11 days ago, so I do have something to look forward to (5 are developing)!

So, don't be sad - it's HAPPY HATCHING TIME!
Quote:
I will certainly hold you to this
big_smile.png

Pip!
Huzzah! My first pip!
It's one of the "mystery" eggs. Large brown. Could be anything.
LOL!! I get so excited over these things!!
celebrate.gif

I like having a reason to be giddy!
New chicks on the way!!

Paganbird,

Mertztown is in Eastern Pa. Near Allentown/Philadelphia area. Dutch country I suppose.

Update:

3, yes, 3 chicks have hatched so far. A SPLASH ORP!!!!! (what I wanted) a blue/black orp and a mystery chick from my own BO egg. This last one appears really dark, but is hard to tell right now...

I think I see a few more pips, so we will see what today brings. I hate leaving those hatched chicks in there, but I don't really want to open the bator because today is actually day 21 for me. Someone send som patience this way, I'm dyin here!!

Congrats slickchick and Paganbird! I also have a pip this morning! And I hear chirping!
wee.gif

No chicks, though. However, technically, it's still day 19. Day 20 starts around noon.

Quote:
Sorry, I have none to spare! LOL!

Perhaps you can describe this "patience" of which you speak??? I do not know this word. Is it animal, vegetable or mineral??? I do not believe I have ever seen it.

Back
Top Bottom