Anyone else hatching 6/25? Chicks are here!

yuckyuck.gif

Why is it when you add the water, do all the things you normally do, you wake up at 4 AM and the humidity is 54% instead of 65 to 70%? I have now added a warm washcloth in there and still have just 60%. And on top of that my temps have been steady for weeks, now the internal thermometer says 100 degrees (which it always does) and the water wiggler which always says 99.???? now says 97.4? Is there some weather phenomenon moving through North GA affecting my temps and humidity? I swear I have done nothing different. Eggs still look good, but I candled the "funny air cell one" last night and it is weird and I'm not going to get my hopes up. Sometimes it looks like there is a hole in the middle like a doughnut. I'm going to leave it in until day 25 and if unhatched, I will open outside in a well ventilated area. I see the other 4 eggs wiggling and hear tapping, but no pips yet. Day 19 for me.

Last edited:
hangin'witthepeeps :

Is there some weather phenomenon moving through North GA affecting my temps and humidity?

I live in North Georgia too, and I also have a drop in humidity when I wake up in the morning, however, it's only about a 10% drop (70-60%). I assumed it was normal.
hu.gif
My temperature has also been difficult to control since I began lockdown, but it's never gone above 100 or below 99 degrees. I read that it was all right if your temperature drops a little below 99.5 when it's time for hatching.

I'm not so sure about a weather phenomenon going on. I'm a total space cadet, and don't notice much.
big_smile.png

Sounds like you need hatching vibes. Coming your way!
fl.gif

Patience????
Oh... you must mean patients!!
Yeah, got plenty of those! ( I am a nurse, you know!)
You can take all of my patients... then I can have more time to spend with my chicks!

Got 4 pipped and peeping, but none are zipped or out yet.
caf.gif

I think I have two pipping. The second is hard to see, since it is coming out through the bottom of the egg, but I see pieces of the shell. Do I dare to open the 'bator and turn him/her right side up? My incubator directions told me, if I had to, open it after the eggs have sat at least 6 hours. It's been 2 days pretty much. I'm on day 20 now.

Quote:
old.gif
yuckyuck.gif

NO NO, p a t i e n c e - one t. People keep saying at us. I'm wondering what it is... Patients are very dependent things and I don't want any, thank you......

Quote:
old.gif
yuckyuck.gif

NO NO, p a t i e n c e - one t. People keep saying at us. I'm wondering what it is... Patients are very dependent things and I don't want any, thank you......

Well, whatever patience is...I don't think patients have patience, either.

I Got One!!!!
A "mystery" chick hatched at 3pm. (EST)
It looks yellow - with some black on it's neck and back??
I have 5 more pipped, 4 are silkies, 1 is the same as the 1st chick.
The one that hatched was #3 to pip. Quick little bugger - 3.5 hours from pip to hatch!
I'll post pics when the chick is less eeewww and more fluffy.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom