Anyone else hatching 6/25? Chicks are here!

i have some mixed duck eggs due today, about 5 of them but nothing pipped yet. the last batch took only 25 days to hatch but maybe these will take a little longer, we'll see...
smile.png

before bed at 10pm I still had 4 that hatched and 4 pips. Woke up at 3am, because I just had to check to see if anymore hatched, well 2 more hatched. Went back to bed and got up at 6am and another hatched and there are 2 more pips. I'm going to leave them in there for a bit to see if anymore can make there way into the world. If I end up with 9 little ones, I'll be happy. Oh yeah and 3 are Splash Orps, 2 mystery chicks and 3 black/blue orps.

Well I'm having great luck this hatch.
Chick #10 just hatched!!
I think I only have 2 or 3 that haven't pipped yet.
So far I have...
3 Mystery brown egg chicks (2 look like BRs, 1 is gold)
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

6 silkie chicks (black, blue, splash, white)
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

1 EE chick froma green egg (all black)
jumpy.gif

Maybe I'll get a 100% hatch!
fl.gif

Ok... maybe I can get a 100% chicken egg hatch.
I figured the pea egg wasn't going to hatch, so I cracked it open to see what was up. I lost around in the 3rd week - probably that power outtage, like I thought.
sad.png

I can get 2 week old peachicks semi-locally, but I reeeeeeally wanted an opal chick. It's sad that the egg made it that far, but not quite far enough.
hit.gif

Quote:
Good luck with that last chick!
I had horrible luck with my last set of shipped silkie eggs. Only 2 out of 12 hatched. This time I got 11 out of 11 pipped and 5 of those 11 have hatched! (The seller is a BYCer & sent 11 silkie eggs - they were listed as"9+" for sale)
I hope your chick hatches soon. Puff & Stuff need a sibling!
fl.gif

I'm so glad to hear that most everyone has babies so far! Right now, four of mine have pipped, and one is making his escape! He should be out in an hour or two, which is fast, considering he pipped 24 hours ago. No hurry, though, it's not officially day 21 yet. I'll get some pictures of him once he plops out, and maybe a video of it!

I'm sorry about your peafowl egg, Paganbird. I really am.
hugs.gif
At least you got your silkies, though, eh? :3

Luck for the last one Ky! Go baby go! My last rescued poult is actually making it. Poults are fragile so I won't say he's made it til he's been out and up a week.

Right now he's kicking out of the bottom half of the shell. He's the only survivor of this botched batch of broody turkey eggs- 14 in all. I found two under the hens three days ago, one pipped the aircell and died. His shell was cracked inward. I brought him in warmed him up and was very surprised to find him alive. He's needed some help but done nothing but gotten stronger, so maybe...

A silkie chick is out!! Yay!! And another one pipping!! Not sure on the color of this one, its not black, more of a blackish grey but then it is still wet. I took the flashlight and there is another silkie egg pipping. So we will see what we get today....

Back
Top Bottom