Anyone else hatching 6/25? Chicks are here!

Congratulations everyone on their hatches!

Thanks for the pics Paganbird, and I am really, really sorry about your peachick.
sad.png

I woke up to one chick under a broody with one more pip and 4 eggs to go with that one, 1 pip out of 4 more eggs under another one, 3 pips in the bator out of 27 eggs. This is only day 20 and some of those ee eggs pipped yesterday
wee.gif

Congrats to everyone!
clap.gif

As of one hour ago... I hatched my first baby chick ever! He came out butt first! Because of that, and because he is a Booted Bantam... I shall call him Booty. :3

Here's a picture:

IMG_1530.jpg

I also have a video of Booty coming out, but it's too large.
hmm.png

Right now, Booty is chirping away, and getting others going. He's really energetic, and knocking some eggs around. Should I be concerned about him doing that?

His noise and moving the other eggs will help them hatch. That kind of stimulation is DESIGNED to get them all on the "same page" and hatching at the same time.

There's safety in numbers in nature, so they actually use noise/bumping to get them all started at the same time and hatched in a shorter period. It's GOOD for them.

I think having my newly hatched poult peeping and thrashing around in there is what got my marans eggs started a day early... all going together...

I only had two eggs to salvage from the disaster shipment of marans eggs so this whole hatch this week is one rescued turkey egg and two marans eggs... LOL

Hopefully the 11 replacement marans eggs go well, they look good. Had twelve, dropped one... felt like hell.

Silkie/sizzle/showgirl eggs behind those...

Thanks for the wishes, I could use them.

chsfairy2007 - "Booty" - tee hee hee
clap.gif
Congrats!

walkswithdog - I adore pics of showgirl chicks... you really must indulge me when they hatch!! And don't feel bad about the dropped egg, I killed one of my silkie eggs candling - unfortunately, it happens.

MagsC - Congrats on those silkies! I have had an assortment of colors hatching. I now realize that I have no idea what they are. Some are silvery, some are smoky, some are yellowish, some are definitely white. It's gonna be fun to see what color they end up.

Congratulations everyone!!!!

My chick #15 is hatching right now!!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Sounds like everyone is excited about their chickies and rightly so!
smile.png

The second (THINK its a silkie) is almost out, I had marked all the eggs but the writing is on the bottom and I did set quite a few so we will see as soon as he/she is out. Its kind of a yellow color from what I can tell.(Even though that doesnt tell me the breed!)
I had my doubts about my hatches (staggered, but it has worked fine for me this year) in these two incubators (not my duck incubator, everything in there has gone well) because one had a temp spike and the other got unplugged(not sure for how long,less than six hours). It may or may not affect things. So I am very pleased to even have these two little ones!
smile.png

Here is what I have, 9 total. I took all the hatched chick out about 30 minutes ago and moved them to the brooder. I had 13 to start. 2 died in the shell with no pipping, 1 died in shell while pipping. 2 mystery BO crosses, 3 blue orp, 2 black orp, and 2 splash orps. I'll post pics tomorrow at some point!!

Back
Top Bottom