Anyone else hatching 6/25? Chicks are here!

Paganbird

CrescentWood Farm
11 Years
Apr 25, 2009
Western Pa
I have 6 peafowl eggs in the incubator right now. Since peafowl take 28 days to hatch, I'm putting my chicken eggs in tonight to coordinate the hatch. I have:
12 silkie & silkie cross eggs
2 EE eggs
3 unknown dark brown eggs
5 small/med unknown white eggs
7 brown eggs from at least 2 unknown breeds
That's 35 eggs total due on June 25th.
I'll be candling the peafowl eggs at day 10, which is Sunday 6/7.
Anyone setting eggs tonight or tomorrow morning? Or if you have any eggs set to hatch around the 25th, come join me. I like hatching buddies!
big_smile.png

ETA: changed subject line

Last edited:
Okay, so I just set my all my chicken eggs and my incubator is just about full!! It took me a few minutes to organize all those eggs, so I'm waiting for the temp to stabilize before I go to bed.
So, has anyone else decided to set eggs with me? If not, you can still check in & see how my first attempt at hatching peafowl progresses. I'm excited!! Wish me luck!!
frow.gif

I will, I will! Hi, Paganbird! Nice to meet you. I just set 12 Booted Bantam eggs in the bator earlier today in my Brinsea 20 ECO. I'll be your hatchin' buddy!
big_smile.png

Oh, yeah, this is my first hatch! Eeeek!

Last edited:
Good luck on your first hatch!
I'll be posting my progress. I'm candling peafowl eggs on Sunday. I'll peek at the chicken eggs in a week. I almost hope that some of the chicken eggs aren't progressing just so I can empty my 'bator a little! I barely have room for sponges.
Nice to meet you and thanks for joining me!
frow.gif

All right, that sounds awesome. We'll be candling chicken eggs the same day. Keep me updated on yours and your peafowl!

Well, I dreamt last night that my incubator's humidity dropped down to 5%... *sighs* Gonna be a long 21 days, that's for sure. I've just gone downstairs to check the eggs for the second time this morning. It was running a little high, so I turned down the thermostat just a hair, now it's roughly 99.5. Humidity was 42%, so I added a bit more water which bumped it up to 49%. The Brinsea manual wrote that it should be between 40%-50%, so I guess I'm on track. Of course, while I was doing this, I dropped a screw belonging to the incubator behind the freezer... ack! There are no baseboards in our laundry/mud room, since we are remodeling. Instead, there was a big ol' crack filled with paper, but I found the little sucker. >:3

Anyway, I finished with turning the eggs. As long as my temperature and humidity behave, I don't care how many screws I lose, lol... wait, isn't that an expression for going crazy? Uh-oh... :x

Last edited:
Quote:
Anyone who attempts to hatch eggs eventually will be going crazy... I get crazy-er with every hatch!
clap.gif

With the peafowl eggs, I keep my humidity between 55%-60%. Temps have been between 99.3 & 100.5 with the exception of the 3 hour power outtage. And I turn them 4x daily.
I'm hoping the humidity is okay for the chick eggs. I've got some black & white silkies in there I'd love to hatch.
My worst fear is that none of the peafowl will hatch, only 1 or 2 silkies will hatch and all the "unknown" eggs will hatch - and they will be breeds that I dislike.
th.gif

I don't think your humidity is bad at all. I've read plenty of material that suggested that temperature range. I was originally thinking around the same humidity, but I'm only doing 40% - 50%, because that's what the Brinsea manual told me to do. I think your eggies will be just fine.
thumbsup.gif

Gosh, I keep thinking about you're 29 eggs - that's a lot of eggs! Oooo, and you have Silkies. I have been wanting some of those so bad. I hope yours hatch (as I do everything you got in there) so I can see them, but then if I do... I might have to spend all my money and get some, lol. Also, I have never seen baby peafowl. This is gonna be such a great learning experience! <--- nerd.

Quote:
I'm crossing my fingers that your worst fear won't happen!
fl.gif

Temperature is around 99.5, and humidity is at 46% on my end. All seems stable. Day 2 is around the corner!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
... Crap! I totally miscounted, ha-ha. Still... that's a lot of eggs! Lmao! I can only fit 24 in my 'bator. I hope I get to see pictures of your stuffed incubator!
tongue.png

Last edited:
I set 10 goose eggs, they are due the 26th.... Crossing my fingers for at least 3-4 to hatch(i'd love for them all to hatch, but I want at least 3 lol..)
big_smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom