Anyone else hatching 6/25? Chicks are here!

Wow... you guys are catching up to me.
I'm on chick #20.
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

I've got 2 to go. There were 3 eggs that hadn't pipped, so I poked little holes in the aircell-ends to see if they were alive. Two are... they're doing well now. The other EE egg (I only had 2) didn't make it. Hadn't even pipped internally. It was ok when I candled before lockdown, it must have died early on day 19 or so.
hu.gif

But... the last 2 are workin' their way out... I see little beaks.
Here are some pics... I hope no one has dial-up!
Some of the dry ones - they segregated themselves!
29266_shipped_hatch_001.jpg

I think this one is blue... here are 2 pics of it, DH's fave:
29266_shipped_hatch_008.jpg
29266_shipped_hatch_012.jpg

The little silkie that hatched out is a more silvery color. What kind would that be???? Otherwise,lol, he/she could be your birds twin!
smile.png

I looked and looked to see if there were any more pips yet, none, so I pulled the two chicks and put them in with the seven baby quail, and they are getting along just fine.
Put more warm water into the incubator and closed it up!
I know they always say dont open the incubator, and if there are pips I dont. If not, I slide them out real quick.
Such beautiful little ones Paganbird!!!!
wee.gif

I completely agree! Adorable! As I wrote earlier in this thread - I gotta get me some Silkies. Congratulations, Paganbird!
clap.gif

I have two eggs left that have pipped. One is not making much movement, but it was the latest to pip. I can see the other, and I bet he'll be out sometime tonight. The rest of the eggs have not really shown any signs of life, but I'll leave them in there until tomorrow evening. Time will tell....

I have one goose who is having a bit of trouble...internally pipped at 7 yesterday, and didnt pip externally after 24 hours. I pipped it, and chipped away a bit of shell (per advice from other members). We are watching and waiting now.

It has a black beak with a white tip, and dark colored feathers. Could be pure Toulouse, Embden, or African, or a mix. It is deff. not Embden, as he is dark. Can't wait to see what it looks like. I'm hoping for Toulouse
big_smile.png

At 2am this morning, I officially finished hatching chicks for the year!
Out of the 23 chicken eggs I set, 22 hatched -one failed to pip.
That's about 96%! (Not bad at all considering 14 of the eggs were shipped across the country.)
I ended up with:
5 Barred Rocks
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

3 white-egg-laying pure mystery chicks that are just a little bigger than a silkie (hatched from a med sized white egg) with clean orange legs, single comb, and are colored creamy white
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

1 Blue EE/BR cross
jumpy.gif

2 brown-egg-laying pure mystery chicks that are standard size, clean dark yellow legged, single comb, golden with random black flecks
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

4 white cochins (with the possibility of being frizzled)
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

7 silkies: (all with 5 toes) 1 blue
jumpy.gif
1 splash
jumpy.gif
3 buff
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
2 white
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Here's 20... 2 are still in the 'bator
29266_asst.jpg

Here's a shot of fuzzy butts:
29266_fuzzy_butts.jpg

ETA: spelling corrections

Last edited:
You did, awesome, Paganbird! 96%!
woot.gif
I'll cross my fingers for all your chicks now, even though they made it through the hardest part. Good luck next year!

I don't think I am going to do that well.... I'm just happy I hatched enough chicks, so that one won't be lonely. I'll do better my second time around! Four have not pipped. There is one left that has, but I'm not seeing much from it. Still, I'll give it as much time as the rest had after they pipped. I'll get pictures in the morning of the chicks' fluffy butts. These little guys are sooooo cuuuuuuute....

Pagan that hatch ROCKED!!! Go you and GO fuzzybutts!!!

My two survivors, the poult and my first BC Marans with his lil feather boots (awww) are doing pretty well. I figured the poult would need extra help and he does - poults often do and he's the sole survivor of this disaster set of eggs so I dont mind fussing over him.

The silkie babies are sooooooo cute and I have silkie/sizzle/showgirl eggs cooking along...
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
with the replacement marans that appear to be doing well. I only candle one now and then, so far the chosen few have been going. I won't candle again til hatch. I'm paranoid now. But one GCM was going... oh
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Even one GCM would be a victory and there are two there. After losing the wheaten baby I so want some wheatens to hatch - she was very pretty.

And both these are due in July. I can only hope.

Back
Top Bottom