Anyone else hate TICKS as much as me????

Well, I can understand about poisonous snakes, but my main issue is that you called them evil. Lucky for me, poisonous snakes are very rare where I live, but that doesn't stop some of my ex co workers from bragging about running any snake over with their lawnmowers.....

Dove

Wow! That's what we get for putting up with snow and 30 other unpleasant kinds of precipitation: the poisonous snakes don't like the cold stuff up here either!
big_smile.png

It is my opinion that they are evil and have had to try and live with them my entire life, and it just doesn't work.

I do though, respect your opinion and in no way, am I trying to change your opinion of them. We will all believe what we believe, and move forward.

Quote:
I have a phobia over any type of parasites... any critter that lives off of something else. For the longest time I couldn't look at lobsters because of the barnacles that can sometimes be found on them - have you ever looked at those things up close? Naaasty! <<shudder>>

I've got the heebie jeebies now.
hit.gif

baldie and Ugly Cowboy, you have stumbled upon the great Murphy's Law of Ticks: Ticks infest people in direct proportion to the person's loathing for them.

wink.png

Never really gave ticks any thought until I was bit this spring and became very sick. Long story short it's Lymes disease and I wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy.
Can't say I lie ticks at all now.

We have a mast crop of ticks this year
barnie.gif
I can't walk into the woods without bringing a few out with me, and the dogs...wow! My dogs are on frontline plus, but I still worry about them, and us as one of our dogs has already gotten Lymes. And yeah, it freaks me out a bit when I find ticks in the house, which is not necessarily uncommon. I went to the local farm store and bought Permathrin (sp?) that I mix into a spray bottle at 10% strength. This can be sprayed on clothing and the dogs to deter ticks...its the same stuff that they put in Advantax and that you can buy at camping/hunting stores. It does seem to work, there have been many less ticks in the house.

As for the chickens...they LOVE ticks!

Last edited:
I was driving to the train to pick up my sister from the train station and noticed a tick on my knee. Later that day, I went into labor, but that tick is the most vivid memory of the whole day that I went into labor (he was born the next day)! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEW!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom