Anyone else have any "Wayward Gals?"

Don_Fuglione

Hatching
May 21, 2023
I have (had?) A Brahma hen just over a year old. She disappeared without a trace well over a month ago, and after asking around the neighborhood, I figured that something had taken her. I was sad, because Beatrice was one of my favorite girls (a lot of sass, that one), but I made my peace and moved on. Today, going out to check everyone's water, who do I find strutting around? I tossed her some feed and went about my rounds, but not 2 hours later she was once again nowhere to be found. Honeslty thought id seen her ghost for a minute there lol. I guess she comes and goes as she pleases now 😅 I thought maybe she was broody, but she didn't bring any chicks with her. I DID find a secret nest with 14 eggs hidden along the property line after her second disappearing act, but no sign of her. All the eggs tested as still good, so I guess I'll just thank her for the gift!
Just wondering if anyone has any similar experiences?

It's entirely possible, but I dont know where she would have. It can't be close by, I haven't heard any peeps around. She must have wandered quite a way back to say hi before going back to her brood. She also isn't the biggest fan of our rooster 😅
If there ARE chicks, here's hoping she brings them to visit sometime!

Back
Top Bottom