Anyone else have eggs hatching today?

dianneS

Songster
Mar 16, 2009
South Central PA
I have eggs under a broody that I started in the incubator. This is the first time I've ever done it this way.

They've begun hatching! I keep running out to check on her progress. One more egg has pipped!

Are you hatching any today?? How are they doing? Post pics if you can!

I have some hatching , RIR light sussex arancuna and some unknowns as they were a gift from a friend who breeds, one light brown one has extremely long fluff though ? and one has a black stripe down its back, will be fun identifying them

I bought 36 giant cochin eggs and only 3 developed- then one quit before day 18, so I have 2 due today that look as if they may go. One wasn't visibly moving when I candled prior to lockdown.

Fortunately I hatched 6 chicks a few days ago, so if it's a singlet I'll be able to put it with pals.

Quote:
I've had several not visibly moving prior to lockdown and they still hatched, so hope for the best with that one, maybe it was napping when you candled!

I have 36 coturnix eggs due Tuesday, and I woke up to a chick and some pips. 2 appear to have died after pipping but with 36 eggs, I should have enough! I don't even know what I'm doing with them, I just wanted to hatch something!

I still only had one chick as of last night. I'm hoping to go out and find more this morning. I hope everything is okay. I really expected them all to hatch yesterday?
fl.gif

I have 5 bantam cochins due today and 55 others due tomorrow. I don't worry...much when I don't see movement on the chicks at lockdown.80+ more in bators now

I only had one more chick this morning. The other eggs still haven't shown any signs of hatching.

I've had three hatch altogether. The first one got crushed while it was pipping and smothered inside the shell. The next two hatch successfully on their own. I don't understand why the rest are taking so long to hatch? Should I be worried?

I started these eggs in the incubator and put them under a broody on day 18. Could there been enough of a temperature difference to delay some of the hatching, or am I worrying for no reason? Today would officially be day 21.

I only had one more chick this morning. The other eggs still haven't shown any signs of hatching.

I've had three hatch altogether. The first one got crushed while it was pipping and smothered inside the shell. The next two hatch successfully on their own. I don't understand why the rest are taking so long to hatch? Should I be worried?

I started these eggs in the incubator and put them under a broody on day 18. Could there been enough of a temperature difference to delay some of the hatching, or am I worrying for no reason? Today would officially be day 21.

Back
Top Bottom