Anyone else have hens not layin' eggs now?

I have 34 hens currently supposed-to-be laying plus 2 pullets who have not laid their first eggs yet. We've been getting only 4-8 eggs for months, but today, got 13, still only about 1/3 of my layers.
hmm.png
Most have finished molting, a few are still in the throes of that now, etc, but yes, it's the season for egg production drop. I'm sure it will pick up for all of us as the new year comes in and days begin to lengthen.

I just don't want to artificially light mine since I've lost six to internal laying and almost lost two others. I'd rather they go by their normal rhythms, as much as possible, but if you have alot of customers, I can see why you'd "light them up".

I have about 30 hens and haven't seen any eggs from them in at least a month until about 4 days ago, one of the Speckled Sussex finally started laying and has laid 3 eggs in the 4 days. all my speckled Sussex and Barred Rocks are finishing their molt, but the 5 darn Easter Eggers, 3 of them started laying at around 6 mos old and laid really well for about a mouth, then they quit too, and they're not molting.

I don't keep a light on mine either.

I have 5 hens. (a barred rock, leghorn, showgirl, EE & japanese bantam) and am only getting 1-2 eggs per day if at all...and only from my bantam & leghorn. My EE is in the last stages of molting I think and the barred rock is starting. My showgirl had been broody for a month of two and hasnt' started laying yet again either. Bummed I may have to buy eggs soon.

Me having 1 hen but five chickens,(3 silkies that haven't crowed or lay'd yet and one cockerel) I was certain that I wouldn't have MY chickens eggs.

Back
Top Bottom