Anyone else have old SOP's?

flyingmonkeypoop

Crowing
12 Years
Apr 30, 2007
Deer Park Washington
I was just wondering if anyone else has any old APA standards. It all started a few years ago when I was on ebay and saw one from 1923, I got into a bad bidding war and managed to win it for around $70. I then searched and found a 1920 and 1926 SOP on amazon for around $10 each.
Well last night I was on ebay and found a buy it now for a standard from 1900 that was originally $50 but the seller did a 15% off so it was like $42. I debated and debated for about an hour then I finally decided to buy it because it is super rare and if I find another it would be way more.
It is odd comparing the standards from the 3 I have, for example I noticed lots of tail angles changed, brown leghorns were split to light and dark, 1920 they had red pyle leghorns, it is also suprising at how few breeds there were. I cant wait to get my new one, it would be interesting to see if it has jersey buff turkeys or orloffs (I heard they were recognized before).

If anyone has old SOP's what year(s) do you have and what differences have you noticed?

I was looking for one myself and I wondered how the older ones stand up against the newer ones. Thanks for the post
smile.png

Lol, SOP is standard of perfection
smile.png

The ones I have are all pretty good, the 1923's binding is kinda bad which is lame because I paid alot for it.

When the 1900 SOP gets here I plan on making comparisons of the common breeds just to see how they have changed in 108 years. The seller said it should be here Saturday so I am excited!

Quote:
I was thinking the same thing and was about to go to the "Husband's Military Orders" file cabinet and ask how many do you need?
gig.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom