Anyone else have the "Working too many hours blues"?

Working too many hour blues-- Been there , done that, but it was at a time where OT allowed a person to get ahead. Early on in my career, I worked every hour that was offered. It was a mechanism for getting ahead. I'm not sure how people get ahead in today's economy???

Quote:
Ranchy, got to disagree with you. The option to getting older is unacceptable.
old.gif
hide.gif
clap.gif

Quote:
Ranchy, got to disagree with you. The option to getting older is unacceptable.
old.gif
hide.gif
clap.gif

Yeah!
lol.png

That would be the "6 feet under with sand in my face" blues...

So sorry to hear about your situation Ranchhand! The situation here in Michigan is very much the same. Unfortunately all the “older” people I know and I would love to employ out on the farm have broken bodies now and cannot do the physically demanding stuff. The young ones we have encountered are extremely unreliable and lack common sense. I wonder if it is the area though. I hope your situation will improve soon! I am on the verge of losing my job also because our management sucks and has strategically ran the place into the ground. I have been trying to save as much money as possible to be ok for a while and sent out plenty of resumes. We will see how it goes. At least I have additional incomes here and there, I feel horrible for the people that have already been laid off and don’t have that luxury.

Beth G. :

Thank you, I need to hear this b/c I know there is a goal and reason I'm doing all this but, somedays I guess are harder than others. It helps to hear others are doing the same upward hill battle I guess.

Best Wishes to you Avalon1984
smile.png

Quote:

Pretty much everybody I know goes through the same thing. I believe it is a common occurrence in this economy. People are either unemployed or terribly overworked to compensate for 3 jobs but only one person being paid. I even offered my company to take some of my hours so that they could keep a guy with 4 kids and this being his only income but I was told that this was impossible. It would have been perfect for me since I could cut some hours and he’d still have some income but I guess that is not good thinking in the heads of our managers. Too bad. I don’t get paid overtime either, just put it in. I don’t even get paid regular pay for the extra time I put in but it is “expected”. My boss put in an extra 2hrs a day and works through the weekends.
th.gif

You said 100% Right on that! I'm salary for my first job and I too am called upon to work extra hours and get phone calls at ALL hours even when at my second job which really ticks off the second job boss
sad.png

Quote:

Pretty much everybody I know goes through the same thing. I believe it is a common occurrence in this economy. People are either unemployed or terribly overworked to compensate for 3 jobs but only one person being paid. I even offered my company to take some of my hours so that they could keep a guy with 4 kids and this being his only income but I was told that this was impossible. It would have been perfect for me since I could cut some hours and he’d still have some income but I guess that is not good thinking in the heads of our managers. Too bad. I don’t get paid overtime either, just put it in. I don’t even get paid regular pay for the extra time I put in but it is “expected”. My boss put in an extra 2hrs a day and works through the weekends.
th.gif

Beth G. :

Well I'm off to job number #2.

Thanks for all the support and input today. It really made me feel better to see I am not alone
wink.png

Chin up all
smile.png

You too. Hang in there. It will get better eventually I am sure. Just keep the big goal in mind. It may still be further down the road but every day you work you get a mile closer
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom