Anyone else have trouble saying No?

I guess it pays to be a big B...lol.
tongue2.gif
because I have no problems saying "NO."
Simply purse your lips into an open kissy mouth shape, bring your tongue up behind your top front teeth (where they meet the gum line)....and try "NNNNN....nnnn..
wink.png

redhen and deb1 bring up some very important issues. It will be difficult for you AND for the puppy if you do this. The puppy will become used to YOUR tone of voice, YOUR house, YOUR routine, YOUR yard/surroundings, YOUR methods of reward/discipline, and will do its best to please YOU. After months of training and establishing a routine, this is thrown out the window and puppy goes to live in a different house with different people, different sounds/smells, different routine, basically a complete life upheaval. It would be very emotionally difficult for you and the puppy. Why not offer to help your inlaws crate train their new puppy? Unless they both work during the day, they should be able to make the many daytime trips it requires, and use a crate (and puppy pad if necessary if they simply can't get up during the night to let it out -- little tiny bladders can only hold so much ... ) and get the puppy used to THEIR house and THEIR routine right from the beginning. It would be much easier on everyone involved.
smile.png

Okay, I guess I am in the miniscule minority, but I think that since you said you would, you should.

However, I do believe you need to sit down together and agree upon a plan, feeding, training methods, diet, vet care, etc. You need to set a date of transition, and they need to visit and be a part of Puppy's life from day one. The inlaws should be the ones taking Puppy to Obedience Training, as much for what they will learn as for what Puppy will learn.

And then know that they owe you big time for your generous "gift."

The poor dog is going to be traumatize when you give it back. Even if you get it potty trained there is a good chance it will poop all over our of fear/confusion/anger. What a stupid plan.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom