Anyone else make piecrust cookies?

skeeter9

Songster
12 Years
Apr 10, 2007
Foothills of Central CA
My mom and grandma always made them with the scraps leftover from making pies. Of course, I have continued the tradition. You put the pieces on a cookie sheet, sprinkle with cinnamon & sugar, and bake at whatever temp the pie called for until they were done. After that ypu put the pie in. Well, last night I was making a quiche with some of my super-excellent fresh eggs and I made a bunch of extra crust so I could have lots of crust cookies. They are so yummy! Anyone else ever do this?

I grew up with pie dough cookies. Mom made then regularly when I was a kid. When she'd ask what kind of cookies to make I'd always say pie dough. Had to make pie dough just for that. They're my favorite. They sound a little odd compared to most cookies, but so much better (well at least tied).

Imp- I think I'm having pie dough cookies for dinner.
droolin.gif

My daughter and I make them everytime we make pies.
we call them dough boys though,
no matter how amny we make the kids snarf them down , us adults very rarely get more than 2 cookies before they are all gone.

Always. Have been known to just make the dough and bake. I like them just as well with no cinnamon or sugar; I usually do part of the dough each way. Probably my favorite "cookies." But I don't even bother with cookies, just roll it to fit the pan, bake, and break off pieces to eat.

My mom always did that too, but she would sprinkle them, then roll it up and then slice the roll. She called them pinwheels. Loved them.

Back
Top Bottom