Anyone else make piecrust cookies?

My Mamaw made them
droolin.gif
they were so good
droolin.gif

Junebug, I like the classic Crisco crust. I don't have the recipe with me right now (you'd think I'd remember it off the top of my head considering how many pie crusts I've made over the years), but you can look it up on the internet. It makes great crust cookies!!!

Aw, y'know, I think I'll just whip up a batch of pie crust dough just to make some quick cookies for the kids. We always love those so much! You guys aren't just enablers for chickens and birds-you're evil food pushers too!

Yes, my mother did it too with what was left after trimming the piecrust to fit the pan. They were fun, but rarely were there enough of them for us to all get our fill.
smile.png

When I was a kid my mom would make pies and I would always have her make me one just so I could have the pie shell to eat. It was a old pie crust recipe her mother use to make. Now to find it and make me one this week!!

Quote:
This will make 4 or 5 pie crusts:

4 cups flour 1 egg
1/2 tsp. salt 1/2 cup cold water
1 Tbsp. sugar 1 Tbsp. vinegar
1 1/2 cups shortening

Mix flour, salt and sugar; sift together once. Cut shortening into flour mixture until particles are size of small peas. Beat egg slightly. Add egg, water and vinegar to flour mixture. Knead slightly in bowl. Divide into four or five equal balls. Roll out on slightly floured board and put in pie pans. Will keep in freezer for several months before baking.

Back
Top Bottom