Anyone else notice...

chickmeister

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 3, 2010
SW Michigan
... that no matter how many times your chickens try to eat your birthmarks, moles, freckles or tattoos without success they keep coming back to them over and over? My oldest chicks are 8 1/2 weeks and I love to let them eat out of my hand and still get a kick out of them trying to eat my random moles and wrist tattoos. I keep telling them it's not food but they aren't convinced.
gig.gif

This is my first flock but I'm guessing once they are fully grown it won't be so amusing. lol

I love when they try and nibble things that dont come off... I have ducklings though...so at least there are no sharp beaks
big_smile.png
My adult ducks do it sometimes still as well though...seems they do never learn...

Mine are alot of fun to watch. My daughter has boots with flowers and butterflies on them and every time the chicks peck her feet. She loves it. I dont know if it is the chicks or her laughing uncontrollably that makes it so funny.
lau.gif

I used to think it was cute until they got older. Then I noticed they were trying to break the skin to get inside to the meat! <shudder>

Our chickens love my rings and my running shoes..... go figure! Oh yeah, I've got one that loves to grab the leg of my jeans and give them a tug if I forget to bring treats out.....

My RIRs used to peck my feet when I wore my Birkenstocks. They'd leave blood blisters. Ha! XD

My parrot loves to preen me back when I give her neck scritchies. She tries to preen off moles, spots, earrings, painted nails.... She's like "Oh, here, let me take care of that for you!" Luckily she's gentle.

The wife has those crocs? slip on shoes? They have lady bugs and tiny flower decorations on them. They all fight over her feet when she goes in the run! I knew it was going to happen the first time, but I didnt say anything. It was pretty funny!! LOL "Get them off me! Why are they eating my feet?!!"

LOL
lol.png
Good times, goood times. Wives are always a good source on entertainment, when the kids aint around.

I have PLAIN Crocs, no decorations. The chickens check out the holes in them all the time, sometimes surprising me with a peck on one or another of my toes.

I was wearing cropped pants the other day, oh, "Capris." Silly me - I have tattoos on my ankles! The rooster was really bothered by the one wrapped entirely around my left ankle. He wasn't pecking it (he has learned he cannot peck me!) but was stalking it. Down low, wings slightly raised, hackles up. I decided to go in and put on my yard jeans.

And just remembered where my garnet stud earring went: fling! out of my earlobe into the weeds, when Bernadette decided to relieve me of that sparkly item.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom