Anyone else notice?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by I have WHAT in my yard?, Feb 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    The strange lack of coverage of the protests in Wisconsin? Whatever side you take and I don't care which you personally take, the lack of coverage is something that should concern you.

2. calicokat

calicokat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2009
    azalia, indiana
    Yes! I heard about it on the radio yesterday, but nothing on the "real" news.

Things that make you go "Hmmmmmm" [​IMG]

3. farmerlor

farmerlor Chillin' With My Peeps

I think I'd noticed just the opposite, seems to me like that's all I've been reading the last day or two is so and so's reaction and so and so said this and the governor said that.....

4. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

Great. Now I have to go find out what's going on in Wisconsin. Which, I guess, proves your point, farmerlor!

5. bluere11e

bluere11e Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2011
    West Palm Beach
    So, what's going on in Wisconsin?

6. 6chickens in St. Charles

6chickens in St. Charles Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    St. Charles, IL
    Quote:I heard it on radio stations last night (while I drove home for work) that two guys (senators? congressmen?) "escaped" to Rockford, IL from the "demonstrations" in Wisconsin. It had something to do with the Republican party's desire to reduce union benefit payments to Wisconsin residents. I heard teachers quoted, very angry about lost income.

I heard a quote from the Republican party that their goal is to "stop the spending" then I heard the angry teachers' quotes that their benefits aren't "spending", they're "payments"!

Then, several more minutes of coverage regarding Medicare fraud, it got much more coverage than Wisconsin.

7. chickened

chickened Overrun With Chickens

Oct 2, 2010
    western Oregon
    You have to wean them sooner or later and for someone who has raised hogs I can tell you the wieners' do not like it but if the moma doesn't do it she will die.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2011
  8. herefordlovinglady

herefordlovinglady It Is What It Is

Jun 23, 2009
    Georgia
    All I have heard is what my boss told me and she said their was some kind of vote on the floor and the democrats did not show, found out this morning that they all had left the state of Wisconsin.

But I am with you the coverage is lacking, almost like a hush hush thingy...

9. chrissum

chrissum Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 28, 2007
    NWMO USA
    It was on FOX all day yesterday and again this am.

10. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    I think they are trying to remove all state employees from union bargaining. I think unions used to have a purpose, but not anymore.

So, the dems just up and left during session.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by