anyone else on day 6?

I can see them bouncing! Its so cool! I have all sorts of breeds silkie sizzle dominique BO. I hope some silkies hatch for my lone silkie chick too! This is gonna b a long 2 weeks! I'm glad that I didnt kill them all with the problems I had early on. At least I know what to do next time. The first time is really tricky.

I've got some Welsummers from MotherGoose (Christie) and enough from my own flock to fill the rest of the incubator. If you're going to do 16, might as well do 42!
lol.png

A few of the eggs I added in might be pure barred rocks
fl.gif
, the rest will be mixed breed. I've an easter egger rooster and a barred rock rooster in with barred rock, easter egger, dark cornish, white face spanish, ancona, black sex-link, buff orpington, and rhode island red hens. I also have some barred rock x dark cornish pullets, but I don't believe I set any of their pullet eggs. There is a little splash OEGB roo, but I don't know that he's been able to properly fertilize anyone yet.
wink.png
Oh and I also threw in a couple of what might be buff silkie (female) crossed with a crele silkie x OEGB (male).
big_smile.png

They look like big wiggly popcorn shrimp! 12 wigglers. 1 not moving...scared to take it out. Its a dominique so its hard for me to see well. The rest of them werent fertile. I am bummed...no polish. I'll have to get more of those.

I'm too afraid to candle mine anymore, as I would tend to do it every day. I have become a fast candler though!
lol.png
I'm on day 13, and might candle tomorrow night, but maybe I shouldn't.
But I really want to.
But their humidity/temps fluctuate.
But it's so cool!
But I don't want to hurt them.
But I'll do it fast, and have them right back in.
No, I better not.
Maybe I will, if I'm super fast.
No, it's best to leave them alone!

Ok, I've talked myself out of it! See what y'all have done to me?!?!
th.gif
barnie.gif

I am on day six. 37 Chicken eggs and 4 Guineas. This is hard, I dont know how to wait. :|

I havnt candled or anything. Just trying to leave them alone. What do I need to do? If anything.

Ok here is what I got coming up for hatch

Mixed duck out on the 6th
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Bator 1 has

Silkies frome hinjc (jody)
NN and NN x frizzles (I think) these are from Dipsy Doodle doo
Hatch date is May 11th

Bator 2 has procelain d'UCCLE from Gracefulbantams hatch date is May 17 th
unknown eggs (bantys from auction here) need some for broody mama
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
thats what I told DH any how so bought 3 doz and gave her 8 rest in bator hatch date is 21 of May

So that is how the Month of May is looking for me
ep.gif
ep.gif

I need a 12 step program

Mindy

Spelling check

Last edited:
I candled mine last night, well.. just a few not all of them. I saw good veining and one of the two bantam eggs had movement!
big_smile.png
It's only day 8 now.
wink.png
After this weekend I should really see some gymnastics going on!

I figure if i look at a different one each day it wont hurt. tomorrow is day 10 so i guess i'll take the non fertile ones out. I dont wanna b one of those people that breaks one open and finds a chick. I'm scare to take any out. the 13th one that i thought was dead might have moved today. couldnt really tell. Not givin up on that one.

Back
Top Bottom