Anyone else waiting for the"post office" call

Quote:
Same here! Shipped yesterday from Meyer. Not here yet! I'm only in PA! Not only are they not here, they are not even at the Reading distribution center yet.

I asked if I could drive to Reading to pick them up when they get there, but the guy said "No pickups at Reading" AAAAAGH!

I want my babies! Urgh.

And on top of that, the 2 year old has been thowing up all day and the 4 year old freaked out and cried hysterically all morning at Kindergarten orientation.

It's gonna be a tough day.

Last year meyer got them here in less than 8 hours. They are about 5 hours away. They left at 1pm and the dist center called me at 10pm to pick them up. It is only 10 minutes from here, closer than my po
Hope your chicks arrive safe tomorrow.

Quote:
I am waiting on goslings and I called our little PO yesterday to let them know - she took my number and never asked my name!

I called back this morning - whatta ya know I got the same lady - she was like - I took you rnumber down - it's right here next to the phone! I was like - don't you want to know my name? LOL...nope not really. She took it just to make me hang up.

Last time the lady was like - do ya want me to call ya at 5 am or wait till we open at 7? I said 5 but they called at 7.

I dunno - I am a government employee so I can't say this about everyone - but it seems to me that the PO and the DMV make up the rules as they go along.
hmm.png

I can't complain though, not compared to some of the horror stories everyone writes on here.

Well, the Reading distribution center just called me (1AM) and said the chicks were there, did I want to drive out and get them right away or wait until 7AM when they would be in my local PO.

I was asleep and said that I would grab them in the morning (it would take me an hour to get there what with waking up and getting lost on the way since I don't know where I am going).

Then I woke all the way up and realized I should get up and drive out. BUT NOW NO ONE IS ANSWERING THE PHONE in Reading!!! And I don't know really where they would be there, main Reading PO, some alternate building in Reading somewhere.

They wouldn't be warm until 3 AM with the driving if I went out. It would be 4 or 5 hours later if I wait for my local PO to open.

Crap, I hope I didn't just doom them by not being on the ball when awakened out of a dead sleep.

Poor guys. I'm SORRY!

In my defense, I haven't slept in 3 days... Oh man. Off to lie awake until my local PO calls.

I got a box last Wednesday from Meyer and am expecting a call tomorrow, well today, well in 5 - 6 hours! :eek: I guess I'd better go to sleep!!

here's a pic of my lil rir roo chick w/the buff girls to tide you over (got 2 rir roo chicks w/the 8 buff orp girls:)
BuffOrphingtons4292008001.jpg

Their first day home and first night home (whoops! haven't fixed the year on the date of the new camera I got for Christmas yet!)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom