Anyone else with a 1588 that reads "off" on the digital display?

KYBOY

Crowing
16 Years
Mar 8, 2008
Eastern,Kentucky
Just curious, we have a couple of 1588's. One is the newer type with the digital display..Ours reads 100.0° but is actually about 98.6° according to a Cooper, a brinsea spot check and a type K thermocouple thermometer so I trust that is actually lower than the displays says..
Do you think this may be in part due to the thermostat taking temp from the top of the incubator?

Im having issues with mine. i just got it and all three of my thermometers are reading high but the display says 100F.
I just posted about it. im fairly new to hatching so i have no idea what to do i have eggs coming tomorrow

The break down of my issue:

Digital display reads that its set to 37.7C (99.9F) and is displaying that the incubator is at 37.7C (99.9F)

Thermometer 1 - 37.9 (100.2F) (is a probe through the vent hole sitting just above the egg turner

Thermometer 2 - 38.5 (101.3F) (Mercury Thermometer sitting on the egg turner)

Thermometer 3 - 39C (102.2) (Shitty $3 canadian tire Thermometer that i used as a sole thermometer in my cooler bator last year with a hatch rate of 7 out of 10 With it reading about a steady 37.4 C (99.3F )

I calibrated thermometer 1 & 2 in ice water they should be reading accurate.

Well if you trust those thermometers then I might try adjusting it down a little..I know its dosnt help you right now but Ive found over the years that your hatch is a better measure of your temp than a thermometer is..As much as we all hate it even the best thermometers can be off..Ive even read more than a couple of posts about people testing their brinsea spot checks and having them be off..they are suppose to be the best and even they are not immune to it.

Well the eggs are in. Fingers crossed. Now I wait. I did lower the temp in the digital display to 99.4 I figure a bit too low is better than a bit too high.

Well the eggs are in. Fingers crossed. Now I wait. I did lower the temp in the digital display to 99.4 I figure a bit too low is better than a bit too high.
I know it has been a while sense this post but I'm curious as to how it all worked out? I just bought a new Genisis 1588 digital unit and appear to be having similar issues. I have to set mine at 98.7 to get my calibrated thermometer to read 100. If I don't and leave the preset temp which is 100 my thermometer reads 101.2. It also appears the humidity is roughly 10% low on the digital read out as well. So I'm curious to see how yours ended up working out. Thanks

I know it has been a while sense this post but I'm curious as to how it all worked out? I just bought a new Genisis 1588 digital unit and appear to be having similar issues. I have to set mine at 98.7 to get my calibrated thermometer to read 100. If I don't and leave the preset temp which is 100 my thermometer reads 101.2. It also appears the humidity is roughly 10% low on the digital read out as well. So I'm curious to see how yours ended up working out. Thanks

I went with what my trusted thermometer was reading and My hatchs have been pretty great.

Back
Top Bottom