Anyone else work out to tapes/dvd's etc????

Hoosiermomma

Songster
10 Years
Jun 6, 2009
S.E Ind
I just got my but wooped by Jillian. Anyone else work out with her tapes or any other ones? We have Turbo Jam, Biggest Loser, and a few others. I would eventually like to get P90X (10 minute one)
at some point but will wait til I work my way up on the 10 minute shred dvd. I have a goal weight I want to be by Christmas. Anyone else want to join?
big_smile.png

I work out to DVD's at home for 10 months of the year. The other two months I try to head outdoors to work out.

I love DVD's. I've got a large variety so I can do whatever floats my boat that particular morning. I'm already at a decent weight but I need to keep myself in check so I don't gain as I get older.

Good for you for tackling a Jillian workout. She's tough and scary!

I like the WInsor Pilates a lot. I tried Barry's Bootcamp and it kills me! I cant even get thru one 20-min dvd without 2 bottles of water and my inhaler. I like low-impact, I LOVE pilates...hmmmmm maybe I should do that when I get home tonight!

I do have a few windsor dvds but sometimes I just want to have a workout where I can hardly walk the next day. LOL I don't have a lot to lose but some extra pregnancy pounds that haven't left since I miscarried in April. Working out and losing them is therapy.
wink.png
I work outside as much as I can, push mow our 2 acres but they weight doesn't drop off like it used to. Geez once you hit 40 the tide changes big time!
roll.png

I like the P90X Yoga. I haven't attempted to do an actual workout yet. HipHop Abs from beachbody(same as P90X) is fun too.

I have a yoga dvd (from Buff-thanks Buff!), a cardio ball dvd, a yoga-lates dvd, and a regular pilates dvd.

I used to have a cardio-salsa dvd, and two other "dance" type dvds, but it turns out I'm not that coordinated...

Oh yeah, that reminds me I have that one Gunner Peterson workout with the ball but I hate inflating and deflating the ball.
hmm.png

I do have a few Denise Austin yoga and pilates tapes. Those are pretty good when you want a nice calm workout. I was surprised how much of a workout you actually get when you do yoga and pilates. Maybe I'll do Jillians for 30 days and then just alternate hers with my others. I think the key is diversity so you never get bored. Even my kids like working out now. It's funny to see my 3 yr old with her pink neoprene 1lb weights.
lol.png

Quote:
Purple, I don't think watching the DVD's will help anything more than your morale...

Last edited:
Quote:
I completely believe in this. If mixing around workout DVD's with no special goal in mind is what it takes to keep me interested in working out every morning, then I'll do it. Who cares if I don't have perfect abs or buns or whatever the DVD's theme for the day is.

They key is to get moving, but don't start too enthusiastically or you'll hurt something and get really ticked off.

Back
Top Bottom