Anyone else's eggs hatching soon?

Hi ChickenLove6,
Sorry about my "DUH" moment, I see you're hatching Sussex & Silkies. Looks like there's going to be a lot of babies this weekend! Great hatching everyone!!
Hahahaa, don't worry about it! I can't wait for them to just 'peep' out!
jumpy.gif

Thank you ChickenLove6, What's cuter than little babies?!? nuthin! lol Are you anywhere near Cinderford, England? A friend of one of my sisters and our family just moved back there (home for her). Thanks again for the sweet words about the chicks. Do you have a hatch going right now, too? If so, what kind of eggs? Speaking of babies, congratulations to England, and her people, for your Little Prince!
I know! They are the best! I am about 1hour and 30minutes away from Cinderford! So Kind of close, hahaa!
And thank-you, he is our future King George
woot.gif

Last edited:
Bad mama! Started hatching today and only one so far, she tried to kill it! Brought in under light and seems ok. Anyone have any ideas why? This is my first expierience with barred rocks. Have been told they are usually good moms!

So far 3 of the 4 eggs hatched I put the 3 chicks under my broody who was with one chick. Doing it at 3 am is tiresome but since they did not hatch out last night I had to do it now or wait another day and risk the chance she would reject them.
Night time is the best time gives her time to get use to the sound of her new chicks. As soon as she heard them she was making that mommy hen sound at them and lifted up to let them under but attacked my hand.
Will get pictures in the morning when I feed and water. One was black one was red and one was yellow.

So far 3 of the 4 eggs hatched I put the 3 chicks under my broody who was with one chick. Doing it at 3 am is tiresome but since they did not hatch out last night I had to do it now or wait another day and risk the chance she would reject them.
Night time is the best time gives her time to get use to the sound of her new chicks. As soon as she heard them she was making that mommy hen sound at them and lifted up to let them under but attacked my hand.
Will get pictures in the morning when I feed and water. One was black one was red and one was yellow.
That's brilliant! So cute
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom