Anyone ever heard of or used Zeolite for odor control in your coops?

Gindee77

Songster
11 Years
Mar 31, 2008
QCA, Illinois
I was just reading about Diatomaceous Earth and ran across another helpful but natural remedy for odors that safe and supposedly very effective for chicken coops. You just sprinkle it where the odors are. You can even put it in your shoes to get rid of that nasty foot odor!
lau.gif

Zeolite is formed when volcanic rocks and ash react with alkaline groundwater. It's 100% natural and safe for poultry and everything else...you and all your pets!

Since I'm trying to keep my neighbors appeased, I don't want my chickens to get smelly. Zeolite absorbs moisture and eliminates odors. I was checking into different remedies for odor and found this.

Another perk of this stuff is that it can be recycled for use as a slow release nitrogen fertilizer in the garden

Has anyone else ever tried it and is it worth the cost (the dealer I would get it from charges about $1 per pound).

Last edited:
I just ordered a bag of it. I'm glad to know it's worth buying. I'm getting it in granular form, it's supposed to be much less dusty.

I use it in my coops. Here it is called Horse Trailer Magic and its 100% Zeolite. I use it mostly in the spring to keep the coop dry during the great melt.

Has anyone ever used zeolite in their coops or hutches for the birds dustbaths? Wondering if it is safe for that?!

Back
Top Bottom