Anyone ever mixed RIR and Ameracauna

Chicken Dave

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jun 19, 2008
Tyngsborough, MA
I did and she is beautiful. She is the size of an Ameracauna and has the same body style and tail feathers. Her feathers are reddish-brown with black stripe. She is only 4 months so I don't know how good of an egg layer she is yet.

Last edited:
i had one but she drown!!!
hmm.png
sad.png

26879_rirxameraucanacockerel.jpg
26879_rirxameraucanapullet2.jpg
26879_rirxameraucanapullet1.jpg

I'm actually working on a project where I crossed a bantam RIR x buff bantam ameraucana hen. These are some of the F1 results. I hatched a total of 9...some w muff/beard and all w the typical pea comb of ameraucanas. They all came out the beautiful red color of the bantam RIR w white legs. Still alot of work to go, but more for fun. I'm also working on creating a chocolate turken as well.

thats pretty much what my RIR x EE look like except bigger, look nearly exactly like a RIR but pea combs, black tail feathers and some bright orange mixed in the neck feathers but hard to notice. The cockerel on the other hand is amazingly colorful. Large body like the EE's, long neck and already at 5 months nearly the size of 16 month old RIR roo. He has orange, red, bright gold, white, black and those RIR tail feathers. Gorgeous.

I've got a 12 week old roo from my first batch that is red with muffs, he looks like a typical EE. I had two hatch on the 18 that are just yellow fluff balls right now. I hope they turn out to be pullets.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom