Anyone ever ordered from Meyer hatchery?

MROO

Enabler
Feb 26, 2018
The North-Eastern Corner of Maryland
I have a blind Amberlink pullet, we got her two friends, they are both sweet cockerels. I need to get her another female really soon! I'm worried the chicks won't accept a little one in a few weeks. Myer has chicks Avalible two weeks ago, and offer a 100% sexing accuracy, anyone ever gotten a surprise roo from them? Thanks in advance. View attachment 2276307 View attachment 2276308 View attachment 2276309
Sexing is only 90 % accurate, at best. The 100% accuracy guarantee only means that they'll replace any cockerel oops they make. I don't see a location for you (it would help others to help you if you put a location in your profile somewhere) but lots of local feed stores still have chicks. My local Tractor Supply has sexed pullets available, right now, so check around ... you may get lucky!

KDOGG331

Spicy Mayo
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
Jan 18, 2008
Massachusetts
Sexing is only 90 % accurate, at best. The 100% accuracy guarantee only means that they'll replace any cockerel oops they make. I don't see a location for you (it would help others to help you if you put a location in your profile somewhere) but lots of local feed stores still have chicks. My local Tractor Supply has sexed pullets available, right now, so check around ... you may get lucky!
That’s true! Mine had tons they were trying to get rid of because they were slightly older (though still small) so they marked them down to 25 cents each! :eek: tons of ISA Browns and some Wyandottes and Marans. I think I told you this before but figured OP might be interested haha theirs may have a deal on chicks!!

MROO

Enabler
Feb 26, 2018
The North-Eastern Corner of Maryland
That’s true! Mine had tons they were trying to get rid of because they were slightly older (though still small) so they marked them down to 25 cents each! :eek: tons of ISA Browns and some Wyandottes and Marans. I think I told you this before but figured OP might be interested haha theirs may have a deal on chicks!!
Your post is what reminded me! I guess great minds really DO think alike!!

Acre4Me

Free Ranging
Nov 12, 2017
Western Ohio
Yes. I ordered from Meyer and received all dead chick - USPS mishandling. I had ordered a few assortments for a total of 25. There looked to be a good variety in the box.

when we drove through Cleveland, we stopped to pick up random chicks in their extras bin. Customer service (via online chat) informed me that they were all sexed females in the bins. Took 7 home and 2 were male...higher than 10% oops, for sure.

Meyer has a good variety, so if they have what you want, give them a try. Getting sexed female chicks is difficult right now-do they have them available?

Top Bottom