Anyone ever ordered from Meyer hatchery?

I have a blind Amberlink pullet, we got her two friends, they are both sweet cockerels. I need to get her another female really soon! I'm worried the chicks won't accept a little one in a few weeks. Myer has chicks Avalible two weeks ago, and offer a 100% sexing accuracy, anyone ever gotten a surprise roo from them? Thanks in advance.View attachment 2276307View attachment 2276308View attachment 2276309
Sexing is only 90 % accurate, at best. The 100% accuracy guarantee only means that they'll replace any cockerel oops they make. I don't see a location for you (it would help others to help you if you put a location in your profile somewhere) but lots of local feed stores still have chicks. My local Tractor Supply has sexed pullets available, right now, so check around ... you may get lucky!

Sexing is only 90 % accurate, at best. The 100% accuracy guarantee only means that they'll replace any cockerel oops they make. I don't see a location for you (it would help others to help you if you put a location in your profile somewhere) but lots of local feed stores still have chicks. My local Tractor Supply has sexed pullets available, right now, so check around ... you may get lucky!
That’s true! Mine had tons they were trying to get rid of because they were slightly older (though still small) so they marked them down to 25 cents each! :eek: tons of ISA Browns and some Wyandottes and Marans. I think I told you this before but figured OP might be interested haha theirs may have a deal on chicks!!

That’s true! Mine had tons they were trying to get rid of because they were slightly older (though still small) so they marked them down to 25 cents each! :eek: tons of ISA Browns and some Wyandottes and Marans. I think I told you this before but figured OP might be interested haha theirs may have a deal on chicks!!
Your post is what reminded me! I guess great minds really DO think alike!!

I just checked TSC, and including the sex-links, has given us 1/3 whoopses this year, including Ambers chicks, I'd rather get them from somewhere with good accuaracy.
That makes sense! Totally understandable!! I’ve never bought chicks from a feed store. Always just ordered online or hatched my own.

Yes. I ordered from Meyer and received all dead chick - USPS mishandling. I had ordered a few assortments for a total of 25. There looked to be a good variety in the box.

when we drove through Cleveland, we stopped to pick up random chicks in their extras bin. Customer service (via online chat) informed me that they were all sexed females in the bins. Took 7 home and 2 were male...higher than 10% oops, for sure.

Meyer has a good variety, so if they have what you want, give them a try. Getting sexed female chicks is difficult right now-do they have them available?

Back
Top Bottom