anyone ever ordered from natures hatchery?

sydney13

Songster
Mar 11, 2010
Massachusetts
does anyone have any experience with natures hatchery, and were you chicks healthy and correctly sexed? i ordered my chicks from them and im hoping they arrive healthy and i dont get males
big_smile.png

any one have any pics of your natures hatchery birds?

Last edited:
Well the order i have with them has been delayed twice already because of a bad hatch. Turns out they mailed my order yesterday but their DC left them a message saying the box will be sent back because it was CRUSHED!! So i got the call today that again my order did not go through. I REALLY feel like going through Ideal but i cannot afford to get packing peanuts! UGH!
I dont know what to think or do!!

Nolable: That is HORRIBLE! I am really fired up for you! I cant believe that the post crushed your chicks.... care is supposed to be taken with live shipments! I would ask the hatchery to apply your shipment cost to your next shipment or refund you completely.

I had a bad hatchery experience as well. It was with McMurray. They shipped my 25 chicks (and it was EXPENSIVE to ship) before a weekend of a national holiday... so around 7:30PM the airport called me to let me know my shipment had arrived, and to pick them up because they would freeze in the frieght terminal. So, I packed my baby in the car and drove 20 miles in freezing rain at night through traffic to save my chicks... it was scary... and the frieght area is a PERSONEL ONLY POINT of the airport. Then my chicks grew to be bantams and not standard as I had ordered!!!!

Best hatchery experience I have had:

MYPETCHICKEN.COM

TIP: Be sure to leave TWO phone numbers with the hatchery in reguards to shipping.

Sorry Sydney to leave a rant on your thread~ Update if all goes well! I am interesting in ordering some Turkeys :)

well 2 weeks ago i placed a order through natures hatchery because they said on the website they would be able to ship geese and chickens at the same time. so after i placed it they sent me a email that they would call shortly when the chicks would ship out. A few days went by and they still didn't call and every time i tried to call them they wouldn't answer. Then about a week later they picked up and told me my order hadn't shipped out because they cant put geese and chicks in the same box even though they said they could on their website. so now i have to order my geese though ideal poultry and the chicks through natures hatchery. if i did it over again i would have done the whole thing through ideal poultry because they are very friendly and they didn't make me wait a week for it to ship out
smile.png

I ordered 6 d'uccles last October. Delayed twice...ok. Got 8, all 8 were alive (got st run) but kind of made up one big ball, I had to literally peel them apart. They were supposed to put a heat pack in there but did not. 3 died the first week...

Back
Top Bottom