Anyone ever raised ducklings and goslings in same brooder together?

Viking84

Chirping
Mar 18, 2019
I am being told that it is not a good idea. That goslings will crush ducklings. Anyone ever successfully raised both ducklings and goslings together in the same brooder?

MasterOfClucker

Crowing
Jul 19, 2016
Iowa
I've raised Goslings and Chicks in a brooder for uhh...Approximately five minutes, It did not go too well. Plain and simple geese are best raised with geese. Is there a reason they need to be together? Yes, you might be able to get away with it but is it worth the trouble? Putting a divider between the brooder might work.

Viking84

Chirping
Mar 18, 2019
Reason they have to be together is that I dont want to build another brooder. But I can easily make a divider. My brooder is an old rabbit hutch. 6 feet long 4 feet wide. Half is closed in with a door opening to the other half that is a wire run area. I can easily make a chicken wire divider running down the center to keep ducklings and goslings seperate.

BBHF1775

Chirping
Feb 10, 2020
NY State
I am being told that it is not a good idea. That goslings will crush ducklings. Anyone ever successfully raised both ducklings and goslings together in the same brooder?
It's not a good idea, the goslings grow so much faster than ducklings and get so much bigger they'll be trampling your baby ducks in no time. Enjoy your new water babies, they're so much fun !

Top Bottom