Anyone expecting chicks this week?

My chicks from Meyer hatched and have shipped! Anyone else waiting for their chicks this week? I would love to hear about what you're expecting and see pictures when they arrive!
I'm getting a lavender orpington, a crested cream legbar, a blue laced red wyandotte, and a dominique. I was originally going to get them in 2 weeks, but they had all of my breeds available today so I nabbed them! The dominique was an impulse addition this morning. If one dies I'll still have 3 and we want 3-4.
They can arrive anytime between Tuesday and Thursday, but I'm going to guess Wednesday. We'll see if I'm right.
My babies hatched the 24th, 25th and 26th. It was my first time hatching and all hatched, so I was pretty excited! They are cute little balls of fluff! :jumpy

Attachments

• 4BFAC05C-BA77-43CE-BA2E-4F4990A93E4E.jpeg
    4BFAC05C-BA77-43CE-BA2E-4F4990A93E4E.jpeg
    437.4 KB · Views: 8
Post office called at 6 am! I picked them up at 8:30 am this morning. Hurray! I've been waiting on these chicks for a month.
4 clarets and 3 leipers, little chipmunks. One or two looked a little down. After they got some heat, all are zipping around. Still amazes me how fast newborn game chicks can move. Congrats to the others who got their chicks. (I can say that, now, lol.) They are all such cuties!
View attachment 1751542
Oh how cute!!

I don't know about their coloration, but your blue wyandottes are beautiful! My blue laced red wyandotte is a black and she's SO dark. She's also the smartest and friendliest. The little dominique died this morning. She wasn't as hardy or smart as the others but I thought she was fine last night. I think she ate pine shavings. :(
Oh no, so sorry.

Everyone’s babies look so great! I’m sorry about smolfarmcatlady your Dominique passing away. I have more chicks coming this week from my feed store. They were suppose to come in last Thursday but only got half my order due to townline selling out and being on back order. I will have 10 isa browns and 10 Plymouth blues. I got my Plymouth blue male with this weeks bunch and he is very sweet and such a beautiful blue boy.

I replaced my dominique locally with an easter egger. Everyone is getting along great. To be honest I don't think the other 3 noticed when I added a new chick. They are all so charming and fun. I didn't realize that they would travel around as a little gang or that they would already have a hierarchy. My blue laced red wyandotte is definitely the boss!
I love seeing everyone's chick pictures. I'll try to take some new individual pictures soon to share. :)

Here are my chicks! The pictures aren't the greatest. The lighting in my room where the chicks are isn't very good.
This is Ginny the black blue laced red wyandotte. She's bold and a little bossy and I really hope that isn't an early sign that she's a roo because I really like her.
IMG_20190427_151903577.jpg
This is Hermione the cream legbar. She's very pretty and is willing to stand on my hand in their brooder.
IMG_20190427_151931353.jpg
This is Lavender Brown the lavender orpington. She is a little trouble maker and likes to run fast.
IMG_20190427_151802983.jpg
And lastly this is Helga Hufflepuff the easter egger. I just got her yesterday and don't know her as well. She barrels around and makes the others move out of her way. She's so puffy and round!
IMG_20190427_152032763.jpg

Here are my chicks! The pictures aren't the greatest. The lighting in my room where the chicks are isn't very good.
This is Ginny the black blue laced red wyandotte. She's bold and a little bossy and I really hope that isn't an early sign that she's a roo because I really like her.
View attachment 1754492
This is Hermione the cream legbar. She's very pretty and is willing to stand on my hand in their brooder.
View attachment 1754496
This is Lavender Brown the lavender orpington. She is a little trouble maker and likes to run fast.
View attachment 1754499
And lastly this is Helga Hufflepuff the easter egger. I just got her yesterday and don't know her as well. She barrels around and makes the others move out of her way. She's so puffy and round!
View attachment 1754505
Harry Potter fan, huh? Me too, big time.

Anyone know if any of these birds will be splash or will they all turn out some sort of blue? Thought the two with the white faces may be splash.
My Sapphire Gems started out that way. I bet they will all be blues. Blue + Blue will get 25% splash, 25% black, 50% blue I think is the percentage. I'm sure they are bred black to blue splashed white to give 100% blue, or something similar. Beyond that I need to study up.
This is a decent thread on it.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...ue-laced-red-wyandotte-color-genetics.401791/

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom