Anyone familiar with DENAGARD ??

What does the warning mean ? Is it talking about the stuff that is in Medicated Chick Start or something else?

Special Precautions and Warnings
Do not administer the ionophore anticoccidials salinomycin, monensin or narasin to poultry and pigs receiving therapeutic doses of DENAGARD. Pigs and poultry should not receive products containing ionophores during or for at least seven days before or after treatment with DENAGARD.

I kept researching and I found an answer incase some one else is wondering.....

as long as my medicated chick start has the following I am kool

Compatible anticoccidials
Denagard has been shown to be compatible with the following anticoccidials which can be suitable alternatives to the incompatible ionophores:

Diclazuril Amprolium Halofuginone
Maduramicin Clopidol Nicarbazin
Lasalocid Robenidine Coccidiosis vaccines
Semduramicin
(being registered) Decoquinate

Shuttles involving these substances enable Denagard to be used as your ideal choice for mycoplasma control.

I don't know anything about denegard that could help you guys out, but maybe put it on a piece of bread with maybe some yogurt or something really sweet that they may like.

I also recommend Oxine being fogged into their coops, while they are in for the night. Oxine kills several viruses. I use it as a preventative, I can't say whether it works or not, I have been very lucky with the health of my birds, knock on wood. I currently just use a fine mist spray bottle, but I found a black and decker fogger for $68 at amazon that I am going to order so that I am producing a finer mist.

In my honest opinion, I think MG is soooooo widespread, that alot of us might be shocked if our birds were tested. There has sooo much discussion over it here lately. So many different opinions on it as well.

I have never heard of denegard until I read this post. But I did have several birds that I lost last year to some kind of respiratory illness. Same symptoms as you listed. I assumed mine to be IB. I gave mine Tylan 50 for a week. I got it from my local co-op. I used a syringe and squeezed a .5cc in their beak until they swallowed it. Many people will probably tell me that giving antibiotics isn't good unless u have ur birds tested for chronic respiratory infection, or IB, or New Castles, etc...but I am unable to do that where I live. It is cost prohibitive for us. I have 4 birds with symptoms now--and I vaccinated them for NC/IB last week. I'm wondering if they have symptoms because they are building up the anti-bodies to fight the infection...you know, similar to like getting the flu shot. Every year I get that shot and within a few days I have a sore throat, runny nose and generally feel yucky...
The Tylan was around $12 at my co-op, not sure how expensive denegard is.

We used Denaguard on our breeders in 2011 when they failed to start laying in a reasonable time after the molt. About 4 days after giving Denaguard production exploded and remained high till the next molt. We had "borrowed" some Denaguard from a friend. Last week we received a new bottle of Denaguard and will be giving it to all of our breeders later today. With all the rain our birds have not responded well to production after their molt. So this should kick start them back into full production.

We have also offered some of our extra Denaguard to some friends. If you want to try some and do not want to buy a liter bottle, PM me for details on sharing some of ours. Here is the label from the Denaguard we received.

Back
Top Bottom