Anyone Familiar With Shagbark Silkies?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Faerytalefarm, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Faerytalefarm

Faerytalefarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2011
    I'm curious if anyone has personal experience with this business name?

2. SilkieBantams

SilkieBantams Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Never heard about them but I'll take a look at it to see what breeds they have to sell.

3. Faerytalefarm

Sep 23, 2011
    Thanks [​IMG]

4. NYREDS

NYREDS Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2008
    Quote:My guess would be Silkies.

5. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    They also raised and showed Porcelain d'Uccles too. I am not sure if they are still continuing with poultry but it has been a long time since I saw their website.

6. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Yes, I have. I got splash, buff & white silkie eggs from them last year. Hatched out a gorgeous splash hen, trio of whites, and 1 buff hen. Also got eggs from them this year and ended up with 2 nice splash. I LOVE the splash hen I hatched out last year from them. Beautiful bird!!

Here is one of the whites I hatched out. She was about 6 months in the picture. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
  7. Faerytalefarm

Sep 23, 2011
    Thank you for the info... Beautiful silkies!!!!

8. HazyDayHollands

HazyDayHollands Out Of The Brooder

May 4, 2011
    Maine
    My avatar is a young Silkie pullet that I purchased from Shagbark. She gets better every day and has the best personality. I also purchased a couple black/lav roos from them, they are all very typie and healthy. I was also fortunate enough to purchase a Lavender breeding trio from them, which I'm picking up next week while in Ohio. They are always available to answer my million questions, and are very knowledgeable. I'll continue buying from them, their birds are beautiful;) Hope this helps!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by