Anyone FF with New Country Organics?

tigger19687

Crowing
6 Years
Jun 27, 2017
Metrowest- Massachusetts
My Coop
My Coop
Since I started to do this I notice the the Hens Love it when it only soaks over night (with some leftover mush on the inside from the day before).
But if I let it sit for 3-4 days they really don't like it.

I am wondering if the "Fermintation" products in the feed are what changes this form regular FF.
It is the only thing I can think of.

Here is the Ingredient list
http://www.newcountryorganics.com/s...d/grower-broiler-50-pounds.html#product-tabs2

I do! We've been using the New Country Organics Grower for fermenting. I also usually just go 24 hours (with backslopping) also. It gets light and bubbly usually after 24-36 hours and it sits on my kitchen counter so I'd rather it not get too stinky. One of my two groups of chickens loves it all and the other aren't wild about the field peas, but I just leave it until it's mostly gone.

I too, ferment my New Country Organics feed. My chickens like it best if eaten within 2 to 3 days max. They did pick out the field peas, but what I have found that works best is if I grind the feed roughly prior to soaking it, they eat it all....field peas included.

I too want to know what you grind with !!! ????

I am glad I am not the only one. Mine really are not thrilled even by the 2nd day. I was hoping to be able to make a batch and feed out for a few days but it just is not working.

Mine didn't like the peas either when given dry. Now they pick out the CORN when FF first then everything else.

Mine are piggies when they eat too, it goes flying.

I have a hand mill grinder that I use for larger batches, but I also use one of those Ninja grinders that comes with the pitcher and a smaller container for grinding... I use the smaller container and just pulse it.
Not sure if a coffee grinder would work well with the field peas, although it might.

I too want to know what you grind with !!! ????

I am glad I am not the only one. Mine really are not thrilled even by the 2nd day. I was hoping to be able to make a batch and feed out for a few days but it just is not working.

Mine didn't like the peas either when given dry. Now they pick out the CORN when FF first then everything else.

Mine are piggies when they eat too, it goes flying.

How long have you left it out before giving in? My birds are used to it, but sometimes won't eat it until they realize they're not getting anything else. I wait for them to eat a good amount before giving treats.

I have tried all sorts of time periods form 1-5 days.
If I soak it in the night they like it the most. It still swells as much as it will but still has that sour smell.
If I do anything longer then a full day it starts to smell a bit more like yeast or beer.

I don't do treats much, here and there. They would rather be let out of the run and have the back yard to Bug Hunt.

I have tried all sorts of time periods form 1-5 days.
If I soak it in the night they like it the most. It still swells as much as it will but still has that sour smell.
If I do anything longer then a full day it starts to smell a bit more like yeast or beer.

I don't do treats much, here and there. They would rather be let out of the run and have the back yard to Bug Hunt.

I meant how long do you keep it out for the chickens in their feeder before giving up and offering something else?

Back
Top Bottom