Anyone from Louisiana?

i believe there is someone on here from the north part of louisiana besides you, you are not alone. where are you? I live in grant parish, bentley, la to be exact. i go through jena every two weeks and we have been to bossier city often this year. i want to go to dubach, la to the chicken festival. you know how louisiana is they have a festival for everything, even chickens! we went to petrus yesterday and got 6 more red sex or some people call them red stars and we bought three rouen ducks, we have been on a waiting list for khaki campbells and they called today. so we have them holding them for us to pick up. this is our fourth time buying from petrus. i really like them although the there have been some staff changes and the some of the people don't seem as knowledgeable as they have had. we are also suppose to be getting a tractor supply store. i am so tired of the chicken feed and everything else going up. i guess everyone is dealing with the chicken feed going up each time they buy feed?!

i use to live in greenwell springs, la. it was right by denham springs too. i have been gone from there since 1999 though. i know alot has changed. we went through baton rouge and denham springs in february and i was amazed at the transformation!

Quote:
I am just east of Baton Rouge!!!

Hi SKennedy - though I live in Woodville, MS - 50 miles north of Baton Rouge, I still have my home in Covington, LA and my kids live in the Baton Rouge area - one daughter in Denham Springs.

skennedy

I am located in Ponchatoula. I am trying to get together a LA Chickenstock, but am having a little bit of a hard time. I think that it would be better to have it at someone's home, so that there would be no cost of renting a place. The problem is that I am trying to find as neutral of a place as I can. I would like for it to be around the same distance for all of us to be able to go, but I doubt that I can manage that with people in NW La and SE La. I was thinking about somewhere between Baton Rouge and Lafayette, but I don't know yet. I am not familiar with that area and I don't think that we have any members from that area. I am working on it though.

Dorothy

Now, I know i posted on this thread that I am in Northeast LA. Can anybody see me???
cool.png
Bayouchica is in Northeast LA, too. There are a few of us. You just have to look around a little.
smile.png
wink.png

Quote:
so glad you got to put that on here, i could not remember your screen names, but i knew there were a few from north louisiana!
cool.png
i don't get on here as often as i use to, it was to addictive, had to cut back
roll.png

Hi Dorothy - we could hold it here - got lots of room. Technically I'm just across the state line in MS but I still own two homes in LA so I still count myself as a LA girl too. I'm 45 miles outside BR. Also have lots of spare bedrooms if anyone needs a place to stay. Huge empty barn and horse stables where pens could be set up. Maybe we could combine MS and LA??

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom