Anyone got a hatch going right now...? started Feb 12

Minky

Crowing
6 Years
Nov 4, 2017
Ontario
I was given 5 fertilized Cream Legbar eggs by the nice lady who gave me my handsome rooster. I didn't have an incubator so a friend is hatching them for me, and I get to keep one of the little female chicks. Sort of a good deal for both of us.. she candelled on Monday and all 5 were growing!!
Yay!

Anyone else sort of on the same timeline?

I have 4 Ancona duck eggs that are to arrive at our post office in the early morning hours tomorrow. The problem is we are covered in ice and roadways are hazardous and they are warning people to stay at home and not attempt driving. I hope the roads clear tomorrow so I can pick up our eggs ... if they arrive as scheduled. The post office will keep the eggs inside until we can pick them up. We have our incubator ready and waiting.

@Eagle Flight Farm --wow...how nerve wracking!! have you hatched eggs before? I hope the weather changes for you.
I know that here they always warn about icy roads, but I rarely find that they are bad at all.
I saw someplace on the interent today a lady who made an incubator out of a plastic tote with a 40 watt bulb and a layer of papertowel....? huh? if its that easy, why am i looking at $100-250 for a small incubator? Do any of you have DIY incubators?

Welcome Little Black Star!

Back
Top Bottom